Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first notification for being quoted in a post. I've been hoping for that for a long time, thanks for getting that up and running.

Reactions: gopbert

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I just turned mine off...

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like we have a Hashtag function as well. That's cool, cuz' now we can all get on board with really changing the world just like everyone else. #hashtagssavelives

·
Super Moderator
23,558 Posts
Actually, that showed up as a mention notification. Different than the quoted post, but I like that too. Both will make continuing dialog in a thread much easier to keep track of.
This should result in a "Quote" notification.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A hashtag(#) is used in social media as a search medium, as in you can search for all posts with that hashtag. A way of sorting posts of a common topic (#prayforparis, etc), or making a point as an aside from the actual post (#hashtagsarentaspowerfulasmostpeoplewantthemtobe). They originated on Twitter, and migrated to Facebook, Instagram, and others.

Example: People can include the #45acpV40sw when they post about which they prefer. Then someone can search that hashtag in an effort to find posts about 45 vs 40 in all threads.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts

·
Administrator
1,577 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts