Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will search for some more.

Who all else is looking to take some classes?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been to Firearms Accademy of Seattle - which fortunately is not in Seattle. It is close to Chehalis, Wa. Also there is Surgical Shooting - long range tactical training - at Pomeroy Wa.

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts
I know where some of these schools are located. Can you guys post where they are as ya find em? Or if they are traveling classes?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
rocky said:
I know where some of these schools are located. Can you guys post where they are as ya find em? Or if they are traveling classes?
If a website is given, go there and check where/when they are scheduled. Most do travel, but they usually do it on an "invite only basis" (e.g. someone arranges a shooting location and contacts one of these trainers, then tries to get folks to sign up to take the class there). Thus, they may only do one session in an area over a number of years. Therefore, the past is no guarantee of future availability in a given location.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holy Crap, we have representation here in Vegas, Right on.

~A

PFC Director said:
Progressive F.O.R.C.E. Concepts, LLC
Las Vegas, NV

www.PFCtraining.com

Open and Restricted Programs offered in Las Vegas and across the Country.

·
Registered
75 Posts
APachon said:
Holy Crap, we have representation here in Vegas, Right on.

~A
If you live in the Las Vegas area, I would encourage you to look these guys up.
You would train at a fantastic facility, and get the best training around. I have tried others, these guys are the real deal.
PFC is known for training elite military units and servicing government contracts, yet PFC offers civilian training as well.
PFC now travels across the country, as a matter of fact, I host a class here on the East coast every year.
Check out PFC's web site. www.pfctraining.com

Please let me know what you think,

Thanks,

Art

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Chameleon,

I take it you arranged the CT training, right?

This raises an important issue for those interested in training in the gun-unfriendly Northeast, but don't live in the state where the training occurs.

Most of the Northeast PROHIBIT possession of any firearms without some sort of state/local issued permit. Violations are usually felonies. Said states are also very proud of the fact that they have NO reciprocity with anyone!

So my question is as follows:

- CT or NY (state, not City) - Are there any exemptions for those attending a training course in those states, but do not have a permit from said state?

I'll offer what little info I know for other New England states:

- NH - NO problem. Permit only required for CCW, open carry doesn't require any permit. Possession of any firearm does not require any permit.

- MA - ?? I'm pretty knowledgeable about MA gun laws, but I've never looked into this one. There is an exemption for attending a gun show or match, but I don't recall seeing any wording regarding training.

- VT - NO permits for anything to do with firearms. It is a "free state".

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi LenS,

You are correct, in the state of Ct, no CCW, no handguns allowed for the purpose of training. No provisions are made.

Even LEO needs a permit, without one, they can't carry, unless of course they are on "official business".
We arrange for the use of a firearm for those that are without a Connecticut non-resident CCW.

Both instructors that teach here in Ct,but are not CT residents, are full time LEOs, and I furnish them with a handgun.( by the way, these two instructors are in the photo to the left, my avatar)

I hope this helps answer your question.

Thanks for asking,

Art

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Art, that really sucks. But I appreciate your answer, even if I don't like it.

I'm not surprised the CT won't recognize HR218 (Nationwide LEO CCW) that became Fed Law last year. They aren't alone in this position. MA and FL have declared that NO retired LEOs "qualify" under this law.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts