Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it would be a fun on going thread for member to post their first firearm purchase of the New Year with pics if possible.

Nine days in, anyone add a new gun to their collection yet?

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Been working on putting together a rifle. Got the stripped lower at the end of 2021, been buying pieces ever since. Will be the first new gun I have this year. Hoping to have it finished up in the first half of 2022 and get it out to the range and do some 1,000yd steel ringing.

Anyway, using an Aero Precision M5 stripped lower and upper, Im putting together a 6.5 Creedmoor precision rifle. Just got in a 22" Criterion Heavy Hybrid profile barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. Not sure the rail Im going with, but I also have a B5 Systems pistol grip. Will also be getting a Larue MBT-2S trigger and a Magpul PRS stock. I have a SWFA SS 3-15x optic I could use, but might flip it and grab one of the new Arken 6-24x scopes.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
January 2nd
CZ Shadow 2 SA version
Used, only 3 rounds fired and the guy didn’t like it. My twin boys each put $100.00 up as a Christmas gift and I only had to put up $800.00

Trigger Material property Gas Gun barrel Air gun

·
Registered
29 Posts
Grabbed a Ruger American Competition and a Sig Sauer P320M18
I've wanted the Ruger since its release and the Sig replaces the P320 I sold a few years ago. I loved the 320 but my thumb rode the slidelock release and caused obvious issues, since the M18 version has a manual safety it keeps my thumb just high enough to solve that issue...now I'm comfortable in carrying it.
The Ruger is set up for a red dot as well so that is something I'm looking forward to checking into as well.9

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’ve had this model for a couple of years and I think you’ll like it. Mine is relegated to Specials. It’s fairly lightweight.
I think you're right. I love it already. My one and only grip is that I wish it had the standard brushed stainless finish. The bead blast finish reminds me of Taurus and other budget revolvers instead of an $800 revolver.

·
Premium Member
7,049 Posts
Report pending...

Reactions: 5lima30ret
1 - 20 of 78 Posts