Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 930 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
A few of the Spanish SxS sidelocks that I own.

16 ga Mateo Mendicute, 1941

12 ga Mateo Mendicute, 1946 vintage being restocked and reworked in Spain

12 ga Mateo Mendicute, 1946 after rework

16 ga Mateo Mendicute, 1941

12ga AyA 52, 1960

From top to bottom: 12ga AyA 52; 12 ga Mateo Mendicute; 12ga Armas EGO

12ga Victor Sarasqueta 6E

16ga Arrieta 871

12ga Armas EGO

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
100_0887.JPG 100_1867.JPG 100_0970.JPG 100_0972.JPG

L - R: My CZ-82, a DuraCoat project. Great shooter; Sig P226 MK-25 my son presented to me; Another CZ-82 I did for the son, with unit and name/rank on slide and Dive and EOD badges on grips. Engraving by Lone Wolf.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
CHORIZO- that is beautiful! seeing the workbench underneath, did you do the work? and is that an old Ithaca? it looks about like my dad's old Ithaca...

GlockNJeep- I don't know much about TAVOR's, i was expecting a bottom eject. How is it to shoot lefty with that thing? or is it so modularized you can switch the ejection port to the other side...? the more i see and read about them, the more i like them, but that ejection port just threw me a little, do you notice any increase in blast/concussion with the ejection port location?

·
Registered
494 Posts
CHORIZO- that is beautiful! seeing the workbench underneath, did you do the work? and is that an old Ithaca? it looks about like my dad's old Ithaca...

GlockNJeep- I don't know much about TAVOR's, i was expecting a bottom eject. How is it to shoot lefty with that thing? or is it so modularized you can switch the ejection port to the other side...? the more i see and read about them, the more i like them, but that ejection port just threw me a little, do you notice any increase in blast/concussion with the ejection port location?
No blast or concussion issues at all. The ejection/charging (actually everything) can be reversed but it requires a left hand bolt. If one just switches shoulders, the ejection is forward so rounds don't hit you in the face.

·
Super Moderator
23,217 Posts
Gorgeous guns!

What might also be useful here would be some "Tips and Tricks" for good photographs, as well as the photo equipment used?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
It's not one of my more artistic photos, but here goes:

mosin_small.jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,250 Posts
I love the notion of photography and have thought to take it up. I just don't need yet another hobby to pile onto the ones I already have. I try to be artistic at times but don't know much about it, especially lighting.

I like the "right" textured background that enhances, rather than detracts from the firearms subject. I've settled on the seat of a wicker chair as a good general purpose background.

Nickel finish is tough to photograph. Perhaps if I had something better than a cheapo camera, results would be better.

I used to like to use the black bed liner of my pickup for some applications. Found the wicker chair seat and kinda got away from using the bed liner.

Long guns are tough too. Again, perhaps its the camera but good detail is lost.

More use of the bed liner.

Then there's the concrete of the driveway.

One must lay the gun down very gingerly to avoid marring the surface finishes.

The photo below is one of my personal favorites. I'm less keen than most folks are of the appearance of the stainless steel handguns. This photo came out quite nice, using this large rock I found in the back of a box canyon on our old family place. The colorful lichen-covered rock surface seemed to enhance the look of the steel and the walnut stocks. Gingerly, is the operative word here as well when placing the subject on the rock.

A rifle on a portion of the same rock. A moss-covered depression provides a bit of padding.

Want to use the rock some more. Only problem is, it's not very accessible and requires a bit of a hike to reach it.

Tried a group shot of all .357 Magnum revolvers on hand on a nearby neighbor to the rock above. The photo was rendered a bit distorted.

Back to the original rock with a grouping of .45 ACP guns. Also a bit distorted. Likely the small lens of the weenie camera.

It would be super, neato, cool to have some real photographers get on this thread to show us how it's done.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
A few of the Spanish SxS sidelocks that I own.
Beautiful shotguns, there. Absolutely gorgeous. Worked on by the masters, no less. Nice photos, too.

1 - 20 of 930 Posts