Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a trip to Chattanooga coming up. I've read handgunlaw.us to brush up on TN law. Sounds like business owners are allowed to post their buildings. Anybody know if the tourist attractions are posted - art museum, aquarium, imax, parks, etc.

Thanks!
tm

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am not sure about the are museums. On the aquarium and imax, I believe you are good. They are private institutions and not posted to my knowledge (although it has been a while since I have been there) As for the parks, I believe that most of them are posted in some form or fashion. In warmer months officers rountinely patrol Coolidge Park downtown.

Hopefully, someone else has been there more recently and can shed better light.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Unfortunately, the parks are a no-go in Chattanooga. They "opted out" of the legal carry provision recently passed.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Not related to carrying. Last time I was there, the attractions (some you mentioned) closed rather early in the evening IMO. Thought you might want a heads up for planning schedule.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
All this 'posted' crap is really confusing when cities within a state have 'options':aargh4:.
This is clearly another reason I appreciate that signs mean absolutely nothing in FL...:danceban::danceban:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
All this 'posted' crap is really confusing when cities within a state have 'options':aargh4:.
This is clearly another reason I appreciate that signs mean absolutely nothing in FL...:danceban::danceban:
It's not really confusing. The cities have the same requirements as any body else on posting. If they want their property off limits, they have to put up the correct notices.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just took a stroll through Collidge Park by the river in Chattanooga and read the rules sign - nothing about guns being prohibited. Love the restaurant carry, makes me feel a lot better after dark.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Good...Have a safe trip and enjoy yourself...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts