Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Nice! Bet that improved your grip on the little blaster!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I can definitely seeing that help on the PPS, which is a bit smooth in terms of grip finish. That much said, the pattern and color combination kind of make it look...muddy. Like...just came off the back trails in a rainy day muddy.

Still looks excellently done though :) If it was in my hands I wouldn't give it up :p

·
Administrator
144,204 Posts
Come on. Spill the doggone beans. How do you do that texture? :confused:
Honestly yours is the nicest texture that I've ever seen done on polymer. :yup:

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I'm not normally a fan for work like this on a gun, but I can definitely see where that would help with a small gun. My PM9 is fine for about 50 rounds or so, but then that little grip gets to me. I know I could pull it and shoot a few mags out of it in the midst of a dire situation, but after a while a better grip like this might be a good thing to have.

I wonder how that might affect holstering? I have two great little leather custom holsters for it that might need a little re-work to accommodate this.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I too am curious how you did the texturing. I have done some of my own pieces of gear but I like dimpling...think a golf ball lol. Liking the fde..... would like to have my LCR cylinder done in FDE.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not normally a fan for work like this on a gun, but I can definitely see where that would help with a small gun. My PM9 is fine for about 50 rounds or so, but then that little grip gets to me. I know I could pull it and shoot a few mags out of it in the midst of a dire situation, but after a while a better grip like this might be a good thing to have.

I wonder how that might affect holstering? I have two great little leather custom holsters for it that might need a little re-work to accommodate this.
Shouldn't effect holstering at all..Really not a lot of material added..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts