Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So as advocates for the 2A; Believers of owning guns to protect yourself from the government. The people are protesting the police which is the local government. So they are practicing their 1A rights. If Trump were to send in troops. Would you support the troops or be against the troops?

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
sorry, looting and burning buildings and businesses is NOT practicing their 1A Rights......goes WAY off the charts of a protest vs a riot. Yes, I would support the troops to uphold some appearance of law and order as so far none of the mayors have shown a backbone in this matter and have let the "children" throw their tantrum.

·
Registered
8,146 Posts
Well you are obviously a troll, so don't expect much courtesy here. But I will take your arguments one by one:
  • Don't be so arrogant as to preach at us saying "practice what you preach" when you obviously have no idea what people here preach or practice. There is no "hive mind" here.
  • Saying "supporters of 2A" is a non sequitur. 2A does not require "support." People who say "they support 2A" usually put a "but" after that and turn out to be two-faced gun grabbers.
  • 2A unambiguously supports the right of the people to keep and bear arms (RTKABA) for whatever reason the people choose.
  • One possible reason they might choose is to form militias, which might be used to fight tyranny. But per the Heller decision, that is not a requirement to enjoy the RTKABA.
  • Tyranny is not the actions of the legally constituted government operating within its authority under the Constitution.
  • One form of tyranny can be the government blatantly violating the Constitution. Another form of tyranny that is more common is the "tyranny of the mob" as in a riot.
  • Trump cannot deploy troops against American citizens due to the Posse Comitatus Act without declaring martial law, which he has not. The MN governor is deploying MN National Guard troops on state orders. He is also deploying MN State Police as riot squads. That's how that works.
  • The troops and state police are being deployed to deal with rioters, not protesters. The troops are there to keep order, which is part of their Constitutional responsibility. They are not there to violate 1A. They are there to put down rioting, the tyranny of the mob.
  • Protesters who are peacefully exercising their 1A rights should be allowed to do so and even protected in doing so.
  • Rioters are criminals and need to be treated as such. It is not a protest to steal opiods from 27 CVS stores and burn down buildings.
So in the MN situation, I support the deployment of troops. If rioters came to my house, the troops would be the least of their worries.

If you were not being hypocritical, we could count on you to be in our corner when our 2A rights continue to be violated, but I am not counting on it. You are probably all for it. Now you can go troll somewhere else.

·
Banned
3 Posts
“Laws” which result in a law enforcement officer murdering another person who hasn’t broken any law, must be overturned even if it takes violence to accomplish that.

The French Revolution, Russian revolution, American war of independence are all examples of the people exerting their wishes to rectify the burden of oppressive law.
The constitution’s 2A is not a “right”. It is only a law which can be easily amended. The people’s only right is to defend themselves by any means possible including weapons of war, rioting and mass violence.
Against the troops!

·
Registered
8,146 Posts
“Laws” which result in a law enforcement officer murdering another person who hasn’t broken any law, must be overturned even if it takes violence to accomplish that.

The French Revolution, Russian revolution, American war of independence are all examples of the people exerting their wishes to rectify the burden of oppressive law.
The constitution’s 2A is not a “right”. It is only a law which can be easily amended. The people’s only right is to defend themselves by any means possible including weapons of war, rioting and mass violence.
Against the troops!
Wow, two trolls in one thread. Laws did not result in the murder in Minne. Those officers violated the law. They need to be prosecuted and they will be. The protesters all voted for the liberal government responsible for that police department becoming the law violating crap show that it is. And now they are burning down their own city. How does that help?

2A is part of the Bill of Rights, so it be definition describes a natural right that is protected as a right against government interference. That makes it more than a law. And it can not be easily amended. Read Article V and then look at the gun rights demographics of the US. Do the math on that, literally, It will not be repealed or changed in our lifetimes. Not even close.

Protesting is a right. Rioting and mass violence are not. They are crimes and will be dealt with as such. Gun owners in the US are overwhelmingly on the side of that. They have an estimated 300 million guns and eight billion rounds of ammunition. If the troops need any help, they will get it. The rioters will lose.

·
Banned
3 Posts
What is your definition of a “troll” ?
I suspect that anyone who disagrees with you is named as one.

·
Registered
7,882 Posts

Against the troops!
If the officer murdered someone, one could reasonably conclude that he broke the law, not that the law resulted in it.

I’m fine with people protesting, but that doesn’t mean I support their message. I have yet to see anything that indicates this was race related. People need to understand the difference. Once they start destroying the city, I’m fine with the police and NG cleaning out the trash.

·
Premium Member
33,809 Posts
So as advocates for the 2A; Believers of owning guns to protect yourself from the government. The people are protesting the police which is the local government. So they are practicing their 1A rights. If trump were to send in troops. Would you support the troops or be against the troops?
Depends on whose house they are burning down.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
So as advocates for the 2A; Believers of owning guns to protect yourself from the government. The people are protesting the police which is the local government. So they are practicing their 1A rights. If trump were to send in troops. Would you support the troops or be against the troops?
Perhaps you can explain to all of us here how looting is an expression of the right of freedom of speech?

101436495_259489381925209_8450019259169374208_o.jpg

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
What is your definition of a “troll” ?
I suspect that anyone who disagrees with you is named as one.
No, just someone who joins to spread misinformation due to ignorance or stupidity.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Practice what I preach ...
I say of the concealable guns I own "carry one that would be preferred in hand if I had to defend myself, regardless of location", so thats what I do.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not a chance I will ever support those rioting. They are not protests at all. They are felons committing felonies. What the hell is your point here?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't think I can agree with the way you have worded your post. The actual 2A reads:
The text of the Second Amendment reads in full: “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The key part for me is: the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. The 2A by itself does not go into what you can do with your arms. Most laws give the individual the right to defend themselves with "equal force". If you feel your life is in danger then you may use deadly force to defend yourself.

I would have no issue if police or troops are used to enforce rightful laws. You ask If trump were to send in troops. Would you support the troops or be against the troops? and I must ask you what are the troops doing? How are they limiting my rights? How are they endangering my life or health?

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law (10 U.S.C. §§ 251–255)[1] (until 2016, found at 10 US Code, Chapter 15, §§ 331–335, renumbered to 10 USC, Chapter 13, §§ 251–255) that governs the ability of the President of the United States to deploy military troops within the United States to put down lawlessness, insurrection, and rebellion.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
Yes, I fully support Trump sending in troops when people are rioting and destroying businesses that people have worked hard to build. Here's an example of a black firefighter who was getting ready to open a sports bar. The business was severley damaged by the so called "demonstrators."

KB Balla: Minneapolis Sports Bar Scores Destroyed in Riots

KB Balla is the Minnesota firefighter and entrepreneur whose sports bar, Scores, was destroyed during the riots in the aftermath of the death of George Floyd.

On a GoFundMe page that has been set up to help Balla’s family during this time, Balla offered his condolences to Floyd’s family. At the time of writing, the page has raised just over $200,000. The original goal of the page was $100,000.

Balla described his bar as being “looted, vandalized and destroyed” on May 27. Scores Sports Bar was due to open during Spring 2020 but was prevented from doing so due to the coronavirus pandemic.

https://news.teknize.com/kb-balla-minneapolis-sports-bar-scores-destroyed-in-riots/

·
Registered
8,146 Posts
Well said jmf552.

I suspect we will be seeing more trolls in the days ahead. They are just trying to bait us into say or doing something stupid and trying to cause dissension in our ranks.
Yeah, this was predicted on another thread. Apparently there is some liberal organization behind stuff like this. Notice the join dates on these two and the iow post counts. These two have been lurking here for a while.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's Mr. President Trump to you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.