Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

close ups

Rapid fire XD40SC. The target has 50 rounds in it. Some strays but I am happy with the outcome. It took me a while to archive this consistency.
I have about 3000 rounds through it at last count. This is my daily carry.

25 feet range to target.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Good shooting... practice makes perfect...

·
Registered
236 Posts
I think the bad guy will get the message.:comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Nothing beats practice, and nothing beats good shot placement.
I've only had the S&W Model 29 .44Magnum for a couple weeks, and I definately need more practice,and it shows

·
Registered
862 Posts
lookin pretty good! keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Nice shooting.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
The problem with those targets is that they put the bullseye in the wrong place. You should be aiming for the high chest, even with the armpits, or the nipple line.

That is where the heart, major arteries, and lungs are.

Good shooting - just raise your point of aim a bit.:hand10:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Rapid fire, Hummm ya got me beat. Nice shootin.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Practicing punching paper to make sure you can hit what you aim at is great training, no doubt...but how many of you actually practice drawing from concealment and firing one shot into the center of mass??? Can you do it under the stress of being charged by an agressive individual??? This is something I asked myself after getting my Texas CHL 15 years ago. I bought a laser device that loads like a round in my gun and turns on when it's struck by the firing pin. I would stand in front of a mirror and draw repeatedly until I had that move mastered and could put the first round in my center of mass. I would have my sons charge me from 25, then 15 then 5 yards out, putting me in a stressed position and would draw from concealment and try to get the lazer on their center of mass before they could touch me. If they did, touch me, I bought them lunch...so they really tried hard. This really showed me my weaknesses and allowed me to make adjustments to correct them. Keep in mind if you cant get thgun to the ready before the badguy gets to you.......being the perfect hole punching handguner is worthless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts