Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend (a member here) had cancer surgery, chemo and radiation and one subsequent surgery. She feels so very blessed to have had this most excellent medical care. BUT NOW she is reading sad stories from more and more women who can not get any help or treatment at all.

Here is what she posted on her own facebook page - please also share it with as many others as you can. Note that she is not asking people to break the rules, but to follow them absolutely, to limit the time to as short as possible so those who desperately need medical help can get it! I put her words to that effect in bold type, below.

I feel extremely blessed to have had my surgery when I did because within just a few days the hospitals began cancelling "elective" surgeries". If nothing else comes from this post, it is my prayer that you pray for those that have had to wait for reconstructive surgery post-cancer.

Even more though for those that have had their mastectomies cancelled that is supposed to be removing the cancer. The fear these ladies are facing is unsurmountable and it absolutely breaks my heart knowing that they were recently diagnosed with cancer and now told they are cancelling surgery. To make things more frightening, the doctors are not doing any other preventative measures to stop or even slow down the cancer.

In a time like this with fears escalated, the addition of a potential deadly virus and now not knowing when they will be able to begin fighting the cancer and saving their lives they need and deserve our prayers. Please spread the word that the COVID-19 is affecting more than social distancing inconveniences, it is affecting lives that are not otherwise affected by the virus. If that doesn't give people a reason to follow the rules so we can flatten the curve, I don't know what will. PRAY, Please PRAY!

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Prayers sent Granny.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Will do ShooterGranny.

What she writes is true, wish more would listen to that wisdom.

God bless, prayers for healing and good health (yours too)

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Prayers on the way

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I'm praying for your friend, SG. I don't understand why cancer patients have to wait because of the virus, but I guess the doctors are afraid they might get it...so their patients are flat out of luck.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
Prayers sent.
It is insane to think that cancer diagnostic and surgery is elective.
I work with a man who just going in a few weeks ago to have x rays done for braces they found a big void in his jaw.
Not enough material found during biopsy so they need to go in big time, but it is all put on hold for now.
So now he is left wondering if he is going to have cancer or not.

·
Super Moderator
23,201 Posts
Cancer patients are typically immune-compromised and suppressed. COVID-19 could be frighteningly fatal.

I am happy your friend is well and hope she remains well, as I do all of us.

These are trying times for sure. The lady that broke her pelvis a couple of months ago had her hip replacement surgery cancelled. Now she is suffering through more bone on bone pain. I'm happy the DW and I are both healthy so far.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts