• SmartCarry/ThunderWear

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you all thought which way was more comfortable, tacticle, and concealed to carry. I'm not knocking the the fanny pack but isn't it a little old now and a dead give away? So how do you feel about holster, fanny, clip or pocket carry for CCW? I myself like to carry IWB because the gun is tucked and hard for others tell that I'm carrying unless love ones hug me or when my shirt is taken off for the day.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I carry IWB 95% of the time other is split between should holster pocket and even the fanny pack if need be ..

I added a poll to this post also

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
IWB, not the most comfortable, but as concealable at it gets.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I prefer OWB, but mostly at work it's IWB for deep concealment and pocket carry in addition or instead of.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I had to vote IWB for prefered , howeaver its a somewhat misleading vote . I allways carry pocket . I just prefer and anytime i can i carry iwb strong side . ankle is handy too but not for rapid access first string gun .

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
When I go out, it is IWB. At work, weak side rear pocket.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
OWB - most comfortable and because I am lucky - my cover options are so easy to manage. In more limiting situations I expect IWB could be needed.

I also make use of pocket, ankle and occasional sho rig.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I keep the S&W 642 in a Uncle Mike's pocket holster and two speed strips on my belt in a small "digital media" case.

When I carry the Kel-Tec, same thing, but two extra mags instead of speed strips.

Don't know my config when I start carrying both full time.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Well I'm suprised that so many people find IWB so uncomfortable. I carry a LW Commander IWB and I have no comfort complaints at all. On occasion I also can carry a S&W 638 Airweight IWB and pretty much forget it's there. I also can pocket carry the 638 or carry it in a chest band. Versatile little bugger.

As far as the Commander is concerned it rides in an Andrews
Leather McDaniel II on a Rafter S 1.5" belt. Really a very comfortable rig sitting or standing. When driving I shift it to a Carjacker Crossdraw on my seatbelt in my lap. The 638 IWB rig is a FIST kydex rig that I modified a little to make it more comfortable. Works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
To add - I mentioned IWB as something I might have to do if dress made it necessary but - following your post Cruisr - I'll add that I too hate IWB! It is for me (maybe too bony round my sides - all the extra real estate is out front :wink:) horrendously uncomfortable.

I do carry a full size SIG - usually 226 ST and as someone else said earlier - that and IWB do not seem good friends!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
P95Carry said:
OWB - most comfortable and because I am lucky - my cover options are so easy to manage. In more limiting situations I expect IWB could be needed.

I also make use of pocket, ankle and occasional sho rig.
And his cover options rely heavily on cool sandals and very white socks to keep attention away from his cc. (Sorry Chris, I couldn't help it...)

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
swifty - no one sees printing or bulges or anything when socks and sandals are in play - they are hypnotoized by the chicken legs :wink: :18:

That is when I could carry my BFR in a thigh rig!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I carry IWB 80% of the time. If my area's climate permitted wearing a cover garment all the time I would carry OWB. It is more comfortable for me and doesn't raise hell with my Sciatic nerve like IWB sometimes does.

IWB is one of the few options we have in this June 91 degree temps. A T shirt is all I wear most of the time and that pretty much rules out any other carry other than pocket carry.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts