Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know of Obama's lame picture of him "shooting skeet" (probably the first and only time he laid hands on a gun), but which one of our prior presidents were pro-gun, and what did they shoot? Did any of them carry daily?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Abraham Lincoln test fired a Spencer Rifle at the White House grounds at the invitation of Christopher Spencer, it's inventor.

Lincoln was impressed and ordered it produced for Union soldiers to use. Spencer actually gave the demonstration rifle to Lincoln, the only gun he was ever known to own.

The Confederate boys hated the Spencer. They said "It's that darn Yankee gun that you load on Sunday and shoot all week."

Reactions: OD* and maltdoctor

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yup. She was known for off-the-reservation trips with Secret Service and some accounts involve her packing a full-sized service revolver.

·
Super Moderator
22,296 Posts
The one millionth Model 1894 Winchester was given to President Coolidge in 1927, the 1.5 millionth rifle to President Harry Truman on May 8, 1948 and the two millionth unit was given to President Eisenhower in 1953.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Teddy Roosevelt's Browning 1900 pistol:

Yup.

Theodore Roosevelt kept a gun in his bedside nightstand just in case a threat managed to get past all the Secret Service Agents and enter his bedroom.

This is acceptable behavior for someone like him because he is more equal than the common slave...um...I mean...peasant...um...I mean...citizen.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I'm sure Regan and Bush received commerative models also.........I thought all presidents were presented with custom models.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts