Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will we need a background check to buy a pressure cooker now?

·
Super Moderator
19,904 Posts
Yep, plus ball bearings, carpenter nails, cell phones and batteries.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not likely although I think they used black powder for the incendiary, and whom but a terrorist needed all the ammo they had.

I would not be surprised to see a push for taxing/monitoring/limiting the purchase of ammo and reloading componets.

I hope I'm wrong. These two terrorists will do no more harm but we still have a few more in Washington that are out to get us.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have seen this joke all over bookface this week. Honestly, I think it is in poor taste and makes us look bad.

Just sayin'.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
I would hazard the guess...no not today...but given the imbeciles in office we are stuck with...in the near future you might have to Show ID and fill out a form...

Back IDK maybe 30 years ago one had to sign a book (Bound Book of sorts) for 22 ammo as it worked in rifles AND Pistols. I was a young man at the time. Filling out the form made me feel dirty like I'd done something wrong. I hadn't but just the same I somehow felt as thou I had been targeted. I did NOT like it at all.

It's just gonna get worse from here on out.

Reactions: Snub44

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Dang, and I was gonna buy 7 pressure cookers to give as Christmas presents...... Oh well, back to thinking of a new gift........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
907 Posts
I guess it's a good thing they didn't use diesel fuel. I can just see it now. Having to go through a background check every time I fill up my truck.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
I've been looking for a pressure cooker all week and haven't found a single one on the shelves...

I picked the entirely wrong week to decide to start getting started in canning.

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
I wonder if Di-Fi with introduce a bill requiring background checks and a 3 day waiting period to buy a pressure cooker. She is such a flake, it wouldn't surprise me in the least!:rolleyes: Oh, and a limit on it's capacity as well! We don't want any high-capacity pressure cookers to fall into the hands of terrorists! Nobody "needs" a high capacity pressure cooker! If you are just an honest home canner, you can get by with a low capacity pressure cooker and do your canning in small batches. No one "needs" a high capacity pressure cooker!

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Yes, one will need to demonstrate a legitimate cooking NEED, pass a background check, and then can only buy a 1 quart size (and then only 1 per month). It's common sense...and for the children.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Don't worry, liberals won't try to ban anything contributing to this crims; the perpetrators were Islamic jihadists. :frown:

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I wonder if you can take your pressure cooker across state lines in the car. I was going to take mine on a trip and I don't want to get in trouble. Maybe I should just leave it at home and take my 2.5 inch can opener instead. /SHEEPLE OFF

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
Yes, one will need to demonstrate a legitimate cooking NEED, pass a background check, and then can only buy a 1 quart size (and then only 1 per month). It's common sense...and for the children.
Yes, but criminals will get around the background check by going to pressure cooker shows, and taking advantage of the pressure cooker show loophole.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
To be honest, I would not be surprised if someone brings up a bill regarding pressure cookers and the dangers they present....

·
Registered
42,127 Posts
I guess it's a good thing they didn't use diesel fuel. I can just see it now. Having to go through a background check every time I fill up my truck.
The credit check is probably considered sufficient.

·
Registered
42,127 Posts
There are no pressure cooker background checks at the flea markets. Get 'em quick before they close that loophole!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts