Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
The shorter GP's do sell pretty easy - tho I'd like for that price to be a shade lower - but I am a cheapskate. :wink: I had a feeling street prices might be down nearer the $400 area - could be the optimist in me.

My son may soon be selling his 6" GP - probably only 200 rounds thru it - if that and those were mostly 38 spl! He wants a carry revo - or carry piece anyways. I reckon he could do well on an SP-101.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I got this price via an email and I just got a follow up email that says the $480 includes his $10 transfer fee and $35 in tax as well as shipping. I figure that's about $55 worth of fees and whatnot so the gun's only about 425. That suddenly makes it a heck of a lot more reasonable!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I was a little surprised at first until I got the rest of the message... I've used this FFL before. He's a semi retired gentleman who loves nothing better than to chase down guns at low prices when he feels like it.

Case in point, my bitone XD40 with the 2 standard capacity magazines was $460 all fees and taxes included. Academy Sports sells them for $490 in the blued finish and you are often getting two Clinton capacity magazines. The real gun stores locally and where my parents live I've seen sell them for $550 and up.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
yep - $425 effective gets nearer to my comfort level :smile:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Small rants...

Truthfully, whenever I buy a gun, I try to make some effort to not get it at Walmart or some chain store. Now of course it depends on what it is. If it's a bolt action .22 I want so I can throw it in the creek, Wal Mart is just fine. I also comb pawn shops for stuff you just can't find any other way.

When I bought that XD40 I got more than a good price, I got to hear the relief in his voice I was going to use that for a carry gun and he was doubly relieved I got something bigger than a 9x19. He was genuinely worried I wasn't carrying enough firepower before. Find some sporting goods clerk who believes in what he does that much. There's a few to be sure, but they're far between. He doesn't like to talk about his business being a professional and all, but I've met a woman who claims that when she only had $320 to spend and she was being stalked, he found her the perfect carry gun at the right price. That's commitment. That's belief that you're doing something to help people help themselves. You can't buy that at Walmart.

Now what's interesting is I'm sitting here reading stuff on the internet, eating chicken, and opening 5 day old mail and damn my luck I'm getting a security deposit refunded to my account... and now that P95 mentions it, those Rugers sure do well in the looks department...

I hate you guys... I really hate you guys... :tongue:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hate is good :LOL! :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
Euc? you really want one? I'll find one for you. I'm sure I can put my greedy lil hands on one, and get it sent to you.......I know we have a 3inch 686 and a 4 inch round butt 686......
Rest assured...I'm one of those "clerks" you're talking about..lol :biggrin:
You KNOW you want one <waving the Ruger at Euc> repeat after me, "I must have a Ruger like Class3s" hehehe :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I broke down. The timing was just too good. I bought it. I'll be picking it up soon enough. :tongue:

Time to start YET ANOTHER thread on this madness.

Class3, I may give KTP some business yet hehe. If anything ever happens to my current source, I'll have to start piping them in from somewhere.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
You becha you have a source.......I'll send the good ones your way....The inventory constantly changes..for the good :biggrin:
Bob

BTW.I did paperwork on a Kimber Pro CDP II tonight..... :biggrin:
Will pick it up on Saturday... :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Will pick it up on Saturday...
Bob - you're just - plain bad :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Guess that I'm different but I'd have to say---TOO MUCH---. We should not let the MSRP influence our decissions. I have found that this figure(MSRP) is always very high. It only comes into play when a firearm first comes out on the market or some other strange set of circumstances. OBTW about 7 mos. ago I paid full MSRP (or maybe a little bit over)for a Beretta Storm in .45 ACP. It was one of those "I just got to have it right now" kinda things. But botton line is---- what's it worth to you ????? To me MSRP is kinda like SSRP(sellers sugested retail price) at gunshows,flee markets,or yard sales.--------

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
P95Carry said:
Bob - you're just - plain bad :biggrin:
Chris?? who?? MOI? "plain bad" never (innocent look and snickering)
:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts