Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to pick up a Sig P228 for awhile. I just saw a used at my local gun store for $599 plus $40 tax. It comes with an extra magazine. No night sites. Seemed to be in pretty good condition, maybe a couple hundred rounds through it. Is this is a good price or should I keep waiting? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I think $599 is a fair price for the Sig P228 you describe. This gun is a classic of the 9mm compact aluminum frame category, and seems to be fairly scarce these days. About 5 years ago I tried to buy a used one for $500, and the seller would not come down to that price.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Check the rails and look at the "smiley" on the barrel to make sure the wear in those spots is consistent with the round count you are being given. Also, the serial numbers on the frame, slide, and barrel should match. If these things are GTG, then definitely buy it.

If it comes with original box, manual, and test target, then that's even better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the rails and look at the "smiley" on the barrel to make sure the wear in those spots is consistent with the round count you are being given. Also, the serial numbers on the frame, slide, and barrel should match. If these things are GTG, then definitely buy it.

If it comes with original box, manual, and test target, then that's even better.
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm going to pick it up today if it hasn't already sold.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts