Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to look at 9mm ammo and prices are up. LGS was $11.95 but is now $15 for Blazer Brass 115gr. Checked Slick Guns.com and offers have either expired or gone up! Couple of other sites are the same.

What happened? I thought after HC lost prices would fall due to supply and demand.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Went to look at 9mm ammo and prices are up. LGS was $11.95 but is now $15 for Blazer Brass 115gr. Checked Slick Guns.com and offers have either expired or gone up! Couple of other sites are the same.

What happened? I thought after HC lost prices would fall due to supply and demand.
If you are buying on-line there is still plenty available, Blazer, Independence, Magtech, Armscor, S&B 9mm 115gr @ $9.95/50 average from several sources.

Try this: https://www.wikiarms.com/group/9mm/3

Click beyond bulk ammo to page 2-3.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
See CA ...Big push from them due to the looming ban on mail order ammo etc

Also Hoildays etc people are buying as prices are good or they got a new gun..

And I still seeing plenty of 8.99-10.99 9mm all different brands

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I haven't seen prices change, but I'd expect them to go down because the market has been so flush. Walmart has gone from 'no ammo' to full shelves. Literally the only ammo Walmart can't keep on their shelves is .22 and the Perfecta .223 (because it's a killer deal).

·
Premium Member
36,723 Posts

Give it a minute. Everybody is waiting to see if we have the War of the Rebellion II after Trump gets inaugurated (if he gets inaugurated).

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
Give it a minute. Everybody is waiting to see if we have the War of the Rebellion II after Trump gets inaugurated (if he gets inaugurated).
"(If he gets inaugurated)." ?

What are your thoughts on that Mike?

·
Premium Member
36,723 Posts
"(If he gets inaugurated)." ?

What are your thoughts on that Mike?
I truly do not know what to expect between now and January 20. It has been one huge surprise after another ever since the primary season kicked off.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
The only local place I've seen Blazer Brass that cheap is Cabelas when it's on special. Otherwise it's $15/box or so. Online it's everywhere for less than $11.

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
I truly do not know what to expect between now and January 20. It has been one huge surprise after another ever since the primary season kicked off.
Ah, ok.....I wasn't certain what you meant, but I'd have to agree with your sentiments. Fingers crossed it doesn't get ugly.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Yeah the libs are trying everything.....meanwhile in Wisconsin...Trump picked up 122 votes in the Jill Stein recount....... Thanks Jill

deadline for the vote confirmation is tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
8,118 Posts
also look on sgammo.com where they usually have good prices. If you sign up for their emails you will get lots and lots of notices when they get new shipments in and good deals. I would not pay $15 for a box of 9mm. At least not now I wouldn't. Never say never. I remember when I thought $8 for a box of 50 rounds was way too high.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Last ammo I bought was before the election (early october). 1000 rounds each of 45acp 230grFMJ, 9mm 115gr FMJ & 5.56mm 62gr Green Tip. All for $800.

Reloading supply prices are pretty good right now & seem to be plentiful around here.

I have no idea what prices are 2 months later.

·
Premium Member
36,723 Posts
also look on sgammo.com where they usually have good prices. If you sign up for their emails you will get lots and lots of notices when they get new shipments in and good deals. I would not pay $15 for a box of 9mm. At least not now I wouldn't. Never say never. I remember when I thought $8 for a box of 50 rounds was way too high.
SGammo just dropped the price a bit on their 5.45x39 ammo, so I went ahead and ordered 1500 rounds.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
We here have been talking about that, and wondered if they figured in a price increase thinking Hillary was going to get elected. LMAO. Now, they may be waiting to see that Trump gets all the Electoral votes he should get, or there is a revolution II in the near future.

I think the pricing is on "anticipated demand" ...... and not real costs. So, pausing to see if it goes back down at all. If not , it will sit on the shelf awhile and in the warehouse and then they'll have some good sales. .....

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Registered
887 Posts
Haven't been buying any ammo in the last 3 or 4 months since I started reloading. Reloading supplies seem to be plentiful and prices ok. I figured out that I don't really save any money reloading, I just send more rounds downrange :smile:

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Just like gas at the pump.........Welcome to the holidays! :santaclaus:

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Only ammo I buy is .22. When I started reloading, all storebought ammo seemed expensive.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
We here have been talking about that, and wondered if they figured in a price increase thinking Hillary was going to get elected. LMAO. Now, they may be waiting to see that Trump gets all the Electoral votes he should get, or there is a revolution II in the near future.
Electoral vote is Monday 12/19. Expect to hear much screaming by the liberal everything for the next 5 days.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Electoral vote is Monday 12/19. Expect to hear much balling with tears by the liberal everything for the next 5 days.
Hilarious!

Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids! C. Eastwood

Just read your new ...Now that is damn funny right there!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts