Defensive Carry banner

How do you carry you CCW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Tony - If you do a search through our forum you will find that these polls have already been posted.
That said I cast my vote anyway. OWB

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the search and it helped out alot. I am working on something to help out some curious and hopefully new CCWs. Currently several are anti's who are trying to see both sides and learn to not be victims.

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
Boo Hoo

I don't even see shoulder holster up there. I feel left out. :wink:

By The Way ~ Gary...Who makes those holsters that you use? :flute: :poke:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
QKShooter said:
I don't even see shoulder holster up there. I feel left out. :wink:
It's there. Right at the bottom. :tongue:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Due to a back injury, these days I carry my Glock 26 in a Galco shoulder rig. The only problem is, it necessitates wearing a vest all the time, which is often hot.

I'm searching for a Kel Tec 380 or 32 and then it will be a pocket holster sort of carry,

Of course, when I get better, I'm planning to go back to strong side wth a paddle holster. :34:

·
Registered
940 Posts
One thing that is missing is custom-designed clothing - I have holsters sewn into a couple coats and vests to carry an extra firearm in the event that I feel the need.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Daily - 226 - OWB - that takes care of most all things.

Now and again - R9 BUG, pocket or ankle . Occasionally it might be either rig tho as primary.

Sho rig still sees some duty when needed but not so often any more.

·
August 19, 1970 - June 2012
100 Posts
Glock M19 in a DCS by The Leather Arsenal.

DCS is "Deep Concealment Special" which is a variation on the tried and true Summer Special design and "The Leather Arsenal" is Elmer McEvoy, a contemporary of Milt Sparks who still runs a one man shop out of his home in BFE, Idaho.

·
Registered
698 Posts
No IWB For Me!!!!

I am a big guy 6'-7", 300lbs and have tried just about all IWB holsters on the market. I have lots of good friends that carry IWB and they have let me try their holsters, some of them for up to a month. I do not like IWB.......so I carry everything OWB in a Galco rig and I also have a couple of custom made holsters that I use regularly. The only time I dont CC OWB is when my Taurus PT-145 is a BUG for one of my other primary CCW's in .45acp's. It is then carried in the front right hand pocket of whatever pants or shorts I am wearing. I do have an OWB for that gun when it becomes the primary CCW, but around my office the pocket carry method is the mode of carry since the Taurus can be hidden there quite effectively.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I do IWB. I am looking at getting a Smartcarry for my Taurus 605 I am eying up.
OWB could be done but is not as versitle as IWB or SC.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
IWB,OWB, Shoulder, ankle and occasional paddle. Depends on the clothing , places I'm going and how many guns I am carrying.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts