Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pixlr_20200614184923826.jpg
Pixlr_20200614184923826.jpg
so yesterday, i finished setting up the lee loadmaster case feeder and auto disk. I figured I'd load the components, and start loading. Then I opened up the primers, and saw what's attached picture. There's 4 or 5 primers in each box of 100 that look to me like they can't be used. Is this normal? If not, I figure CCI owes me about 40 primers, since every box has 4 that look odd compared to the rest. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Upside down primers is all that I see , totally normal when I open my boxes of primers .

Get your self one of these

·
Super Moderator
16,414 Posts
Seen that many times, easily cured with primer flip tray.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help. I was a bit confused, and had never seen the other side of a primer. Dad always refilled the primers when we were loading for the shotgun.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Those are for shooting something behind you. ;)

Reactions: Workaholic

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Totally normal for some primers.
I rarely run into that with Winchester primers. Which makes it easy to place them on a surface and use the primer pickup tube.

BTW, what you are seeing on the upside-down primers is called the anvil.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. The store didn't have any winchester primers, only cci. So, with the answers here, tonight when I'm off work, I'll see about reloading a few rounds. Since its a progressive, and I'm just learning to run it, it's going to be 1 round at a time. And then this weekend, we'll see how well they group.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts