Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of Colonel Jeff Cooper's classic works, in a new third edition, with a new Foreword by Louis Awerbuck. It's an oldie but goodie, first published in 1972.

I'm sure most of the old (did I say "old"? I meant "experienced" or "seasoned") hands on the forum own or have read this book, but maybe some of our younger members, or those new to shooting, haven't read it. Heck, there might even be some who have never even heard of Jeff Cooper.

Anyway, I highly recommend it. It's sold by www.paladin-press.com.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Excellent book, it should be a "must have." :wink:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yep, a must-read.
I got it back when I didn't think so much of Col Cooper, but liked it anyway. I like it even more now that I know better.

When I used to have people come to me at work for advice who were thinking of getting a gun, I suggested they read this book first, before going any farther. I loaned it out a lot.

This did a couple of things-
-If they wouldn't make the effort to read a book that wasn't even 50 pages long, they weren't serious enough about the situation, and I tried to discourage them from proceeding.
-If they read it, they could see how serious this matter was, and what it entailed. If they decided they wanted to continue, they got my full support.

·
Registered
742 Posts
PofPD sit on my computer desk with In Gravest Extreme, and a few other books. These two books are basis for all self defense training.

Jeff will be missed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts