Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It lists at packing.org that carrying on (private school) grounds is prohibited in my state. Is a collage considered a private school and where can i find this information. Also the public streets were ok since that was government property. So how does one tell what is school property and what is state? BTW has anyone noticed that you can not cross any town without breaking the 1000 ft. school rule? We have had many publicized physical attacks on campus (And probably a great deal of ones that are not).

·
Registered
862 Posts
We have had many publicized physical attacks on campus (And probably a great deal of ones that are not).
Same here.

The collage in my town prohibits firearms also. But you can carry a stungun or chemical agent on campus. I would ask campus security, or a L.E.O. what is aceptible on campus.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it's a state university, University of (enter state name here), you'd likely be ok. Be sure to check so you stay out of trouble. It sure upsets university administrators here; but to he** with them. If they had their way the state certified campus police would be unarmed too.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
In my State it's any school, but can have it in your car, when dropping off or picking up kids.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Bryan,

Could you tell us which state you are in? There are folks here who are knowledgable about the different state laws.

Packing.org is good at keeping up with laws as they typically have a state coordinator. However, your mileage may vary based on your coordinator.

-Scott-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts