Defensive Carry banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
18 year old Will Riley

“Every year an estimated 1.5 million Americans use a firearm to defend themselves,” Riley said. “During a 16 minute walkout, that breaks down to 91 American lives saved during the walkout. We want Americans to know that firearms are overwhelmingly used for good in our country.

Now that is a great statement :35: Will Riley

The above was from post #11 @OldVet :congrats:

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, FLNBC didn't cover it, SO I guess it DIDN'T HAPPEN! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I Support these young Kids who have Not drank from the Cool-Aid bottle of liberalism. My Heartfelt Kudo`s to Them!!. Liberalism is a True Mental Health Issue!!.

·
Premium Member
33,717 Posts
Reactions: Pete63 and Havok

·
Premium Member
33,717 Posts
In March, about twenty students from the district we live walked out of class in support of the ongoing demands for gun control. Today, about 150 walked out on their own time in support of the Second Amendment: https://www.marionstar.com/story/news/2018/05/02/river-valley-students-walk-out-support-second-amendment/573583002/

·
Registered
7,817 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Im not going to support them leaving school just because they are pro 2A. I still think they need to be doing this on their own time. They are there to get an education.
I agree, but protests and walkouts will continue to happen as long as teachers condone it. The initial leftist protests get supported by the teachers, because they agree with it, and justify that "it's only one day" of disturbance (plus a week of preparation they conveniently ignore).

Every leftist protest needs to be countered with a conservative one. Another day of disruption, plus another week of planning to keep the school safe.

Once the teachers have the "aha!" moment that a leftist protest will be followed by a conservative one, effectively taking up all their time for 2 weeks, they'll push to end the school districts supporting this nonsense. Unless conservatives push back now, the protest fad will lock in as a perpetual norm.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
I agree, but protests and walkouts will continue to happen as long as teachers condone it. The initial leftist protests get supported by the teachers, because they agree with it, and justify that "it's only one day" of disturbance (plus a week of preparation they conveniently ignore).

Every leftist protest needs to be countered with a conservative one. Another day of disruption, plus another week of planning to keep the school safe.

Once the teachers have the "aha!" moment that a leftist protest will be followed by a conservative one, effectively taking up all their time for 2 weeks, they'll push to end the school districts supporting this nonsense. Unless conservatives push back now, the protest fad will lock in as a perpetual norm.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
I dont think the desire for a conservative protest will prevent a liberal protest. Some schools will be ok with both, some schools will be ok with neither, and some schools will simply allow the one they want. If the kids want to do a protest on their own time, like in Mike1956's post, then cool. During class? Thats not what my tax money is for, regardless of their stance. I wonder out of the pro 2a rallys that took place across the country, how many of the people who participated also participated in the anti 2a rally(if there was one at their school), or how many people actually care about anything other than getting out of class. I was in school once. Kids aren't as creative as they think.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
During class? Thats not what my tax money is for, regardless of their stance.
Our tax money is for indoctrinating kids to views 180 degrees from our own. Any and every effort that runs counter to that should be supported. In most public schools, we'd be better off paying for the teachers to sit in empty classrooms, all day every day, than to have them "teach."

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I dont think the desire for a conservative protest will prevent a liberal protest. Some schools will be ok with both, some schools will be ok with neither, and some schools will simply allow the one they want. If the kids want to do a protest on their own time, like in Mike1956's post, then cool. During class? Thats not what my tax money is for, regardless of their stance. I wonder out of the pro 2a rallys that took place across the country, how many of the people who participated also participated in the anti 2a rally(if there was one at their school), or how many people actually care about anything other than getting out of class. I was in school once. Kids aren't as creative as they think.
Havoc I agree with you about letting kids out of school for "any" political protest. I will point out that this young man (Will Riley) who organized this protest made it a point to say that one of the reasons he chose to do it was to see if those schools who allowed the first anti protest would allow this second pro demonstration.

Will appeared on Fox Business on the Cavuto show today and I wish they would put the video on YouTube so we could post it. He is an excellent spokesperson for the BOR from his age group. He made quite an impression on Cavuto who is not anti but is not really pro either. I was glad to see that we have someone so polished while being so young (18) speaking up for our freedoms.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Here is an article from the Washington Examiner that explains Willl's reasoning behind his protest. Very coherent as compared to the Little Hitler at Parkland.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/29/will-riley-launches-stand-second-student-walkout-s/
"“The #Enough walkouts, they were often encouraged or at least really condoned by the school administrators,” he said. “We wanted to say, ‘Look, we want to be represented as well, but we don’t want to disrupt class, so we’re not going to ask for as much.’”
He also has a message for student participants: “I’m telling everyone, don’t leave campus. We’re going to get our voices heard. This isn’t about you ditching class, this is about our constitutional rights.”

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I thought it was telling and thought out why the walkout was set for 16 minutes.
[“We do however recognize that when anti-gun students organized their walkout, they were allowed and often encouraged by their schools. In light of this fact, we ask we receive the same platform to express our views.”

The meaning behind the 16 minutes he’s allotted for the walkout is also a direct nod to the anti-gun violence walkout in March: “In the spirit of civility with school districts around the country, we are asking for one minute less than the other side received,” according to the website.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Im surprised to see this being given attention by MSN. I thought this was a nice touch.

“Every year an estimated 1.5 million Americans use a firearm to defend themselves,” Riley said. “During a 16 minute walkout, that breaks down to 91 American lives saved during the walkout. We want Americans to know that firearms are overwhelmingly used for good in our country.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/students-nationwide-walk-out-of-class-to-support-second-amendment/ar-AAwDWmZ?ocid=sf

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
And the Pro's were probably DISCOURAGED AND SUSPENDED.
Not to mention they suspended people who refused to participate in the anti gun walkout.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts