Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you lawyers out there: I am very aware of most every place that is off limits for my firearm. There is only one grey area that I can see. I know that I can't go to the UT Stadium with my firearm. I know I can't go to a Texas Rangers game with my firearm. Both College and Pro are no firearm areas.

But what about Semi-Pro ball? I am a season ticket holder to the Round Rock Express (AAA team for the Houston Astros) I may not renew my tickets next year because I have not been carrying there and my life was threatened by a guy that was over 2 times the legal limit on the BAT. That was 6 games ago and I have not been back while debating this issue. I don't think the guy could have followed through in his condition, but what about the next time I am there and he is hiding in the parking lot?

Of course I am going to go to the source to get the definitive answer, but I would like to hear what you guys/gals think before I do.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Too fine a hair to split... don't do it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry, that is the way I'm leaning. That's why I have not been back to a game for 6 games. I'm hoping to hear a loop hole that I can use when I go to query the DPS here in Austin.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I know it is a lame answer but WA does not have that restriction.
That is the only thing that WA has over Texas in my opnion.

God bless Texas

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
IANAL an don't claim to be. I'd guess it's still considered a professional sporting event and probably off limits for carrying.

·
Super Moderator
50,583 Posts
Don't let the term semi-pro fool you...they ARE getting paid and that makes them professional...IMHO, of course.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Don't let the term semi-pro fool you...they ARE getting paid and that makes them professional...IMHO, of course.
+1

They're pros.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
You can't carry there. The Round Rock Express is a professional sports team. All the players are under professional sports contracts to the Houston Astros.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts