8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
256 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'm a senior, too. I understand. I sent an email without the attachment, realized it, so sent another email apologizing for not attaching the document. And didn't attach it that time either.
We forgot you did that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
From the article:"On Sunday, Mr. Koskoff said that the carnage of the Orlando attack showed how “unreasonably lethal” the AR-15 is. “It’s no more a gun than a tank is a car,” he said in an interview."
I wonder what Mr. Koskoff would compare a high powered hunting rifle, too. Or a .50 caliber rifle? Or a shotgun?

"As the assault-weapons ban was ending, Congress began debate on the gun immunity bill. A University of Michigan Law School professor, Sherman J. Clark, wrote a letter to lawmakers arguing against the proposed law. More than 70 law professors signed the letter, which said the bill represented a “substantial and radical departure” from American tort law. The law provides to firearms makers and distributors a literally unprecedented form of tort immunity not enjoyed or even dreamed of by any other industry,” the letter said.
Hmmm. Ever hear of vaccines? These professors aren't too smart--in their own field.

I am interested to see how this plays out, though. Thanks for the link.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
“The law provides to firearms makers and distributors a literally unprecedented form of tort immunity not enjoyed or even dreamed of by any other industry,” the letter said.

Well except for auto makers, kitchen knife manufacturers, hammer, screwdriver, axe and innumerable other manufacturers of items often used to kill people - or hammer nails, cut vegetables, tighten screws, drive the kids to school. That kind of stuff gets the same extraordinary tort immunity. Oh, and don't forget all the rocks God created. Go after him/her too.

Guy must have missed his last ambulance booty call so he is desperate. Lots of very good folks out there practicing law. I have one in my office, we have been together nearly 30 yrs. Great guy, lets me shoot his uzi but it's clowns like this guy who hurt their reputation.

Storm, none of this is pointed at you my friend.:wave:

·
Registered
10,187 Posts
"The plaintiffs’ lawyer, Joshua D. Koskoff, contends that the AR-15’s overwhelming firepower makes it a poor choice for home defense, hunting and recreation."

Yes, the last thing I want for self-defense is overwhelming firepower. And it sure takes the fun out of recreational shooting!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
How about all the M-1 carbines that were dumped on market as military closed them out , or got back from overseas allies.. Those are real military rifles . Its not the weapon Its the warped mind of the person using it. I bet a lot of us here could use a M-14 to do a lot of destruction real quick . M-14 works better for me since I am L handed and shoot left side. .

·
Registered
36,326 Posts

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That requires login access, to even read.
What's the gist, for those without NYT accounts?
You should be able to read it; I don't have an account either.

At any rate, some highlights:
1) The judge has actually set a trial date.
2) The judge has ordered the defendants to turn over documents including company memos, marketing materials, etc.
3) The plaintiff's attorney states that the Bushmaster was "unreasonably lethal."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/15/nyregion/in-newtown-families-suit-against-maker-of-the-ar-15-rifle-surprising-progress.html?_r=0

Reactions: GRCarry

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
A ruling in favor of the plaintiff will encourage more lawless unconstitutional filth from judges at every level.
A ruling in favor of the plaintiff will set legal precedent for EVERY single manufacturer of everything ever created, to be sued for it's misuse.

This is actually a very DANGEROUS lawsuit that a liberal asshat judge allowed to proceed.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
We should all sue all vehicle manufacturers whenever a drug dealer or contraband transporter or human trafficker drives a carload of stuff from point A to B. Why? Because the manufacturer is responsible for the crime's being committed weeks, months, years later using a product they once made, committed by a person they know nothing about and about whom they could know zero about future possible acts.

Horse puckey.

:tired:

·
Premium Member
33,765 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
1 - 20 of 75 Posts