Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the testers that volunteered to beat up the new website, we are narrowing down the configuration bugs that were left in the new forum software. It is really starting to look good if I do say so myself ;)

Although it may be a little overwhelming at first with all of the new features, I think everyone is going to really like the look and feel of it. All of the testers have commented on the colors being more pleasing to look at and that the site is a lot easier to navigate.

Soon after we go live over there this weekend, I will be adding a picture hosting script that will allow you all a way to post pics that you may want to display on CombatCarry.com or any of the other forums you frequent. I am still working on the details of that right now, but it will be coming soon.... :kay:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
The new features are great. I think almost everyone will be happy.

You can select your view type, collapse main areas, jump to new posts, monitor threads, PM notification, email on reply, email on PM and on and on.

Bumper has also added a very nice portal to the site, that will allow you to do most everything from one starting point.

Oh yes, and 1500+ smilies. :kay:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cool,

Many thanks to all of you guys for the hard work. With dedication like you have shown so far, this place will become one of the best gun sites on the net.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I prefer vBulletin over, um, whatever the old look was. Since so many of the other boards I frequent use this format, its almsot second nature to me, and eveything else feels a little weird.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Scott said:
The new features are great...
You can... jump to new posts, QUOTE]

This is THE feature that I hoped for. Thank you Santa Claus!

I have to agree with the posts above - this is already a great forum and I believe it is destined to be a leader. It has already become my favorite, even above those that are specific to my favorite "toys."

Thanks Bumper and Company. Nice work!!

SSKC

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Bumper you done real well SIR.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
APachon said:
Bumper you done real well SIR.
Thanks, it did go pretty good. I was surprised :haus7:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
no reason to be surprised with all the work you put in. The more you sweat in practice the less you bleed in war. You put in countless hours prior to the transition and it is going very smoothly.

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have no idea what it would require to undertake such an endeavor but you did a remarkable job at it.

~A

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
APachon said:
I have no idea what it would require to undertake such an endeavor but you did a remarkable job at it.

~A
Thanks, but it really isn't that hard if you are reasonably familiar with this sort of stuff. The vBulletin script can make you look good with a minimum amount of work. There's just a thousand different configuration setting that take a while to find and get used to. Don't get me wrong, it is a lot of work but it's not hard. I am sitting here leaning back in my leather chair, sipping a drink and listening to the stereo..... Life could be a lot harder :urla9ub:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.