Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Having sworn to defend the Constitution, I support my neighbor's rights to peacefully assemble and call out the injustice.

Unfortunately many of these protests have gotten out of hand and turned into a dumpster fire of mob destruction of anything in proximity. Hopefully this neighborhood event will be nothing more than a peaceful expression of outrage and not turn violent.

Ready as always, though.

Who else is seeing protests in the suburbs? Is it being fueled by residents or outsiders? In our case, there's a lot of pent of anger within the neighborhood being expressed on a closed FB group. So far this is just an internal event in our small housing development.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Having sworn to defend the Constitution, I support my neighbor's rights to peacefully assemble and call out the injustice.

Unfortunately many of these protests have gotten out of hand and turned into a dumpster fire of mob destruction of anything in proximity. Hopefully this neighborhood event will be nothing more than a peaceful expression of outrage and not turn violent.

Ready as always, though.

Who else is seeing protests in the suburbs? Is it being fueled by residents or outsiders? In our case, there's a lot of pent of anger within the neighborhood being expressed on a closed FB group. So far this is just an internal event in our small housing development.
Given that NOVA is one of the wealthiest, most Liberal areas of the country...I can't imagine what a violent protest would look like. Chucking empty white wine bottles and Au Bon Pain take out boxes?

·
Registered
7,848 Posts
I support their right to protest. That doesn’t mean I have to agree with their message. If you take a white cop and put him in a predominantly black neighborhood, who is he most likely to deal with? That doesn’t mean that him killing someone was racist.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So many social justice warriors getting together to prove to each other how, "woke" they are.

I wonder if they'll march to the Manassas battlefield and tear down a few Confederate statues just for good measure.
It wouldn't surprise me if that happened; the recent protest on Sudley Rd wasn't far from the battlefield. Fortunately we live far enough from Manassas to avoid most of that mess.

·
Registered
33,946 Posts
I've done enough wrong for both of us. Help me out here.
Sorry, my "wrong" basket was filled long ago. It's been emptied and tossed.

·
Registered
33,946 Posts
Reactions: Mike1956

·
Registered
51 Posts
BLM are having a rally today 4pm in Keene NH. I live next town over 6 miles away KPD does not expect any issues and the Police Chief issued a statement condemning the Death of Mr Floyd.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
This statute was put up in front of the UDC building in Richmond last year after they removed one of the historical statues.

Wonder how it survived? No pics has been sent my way just the building and the destruction there. Personally, I hope this one is upside down where it belongs. Unthinkable what is going on in America, pay to send them to college and this is what comes out.

693E6448-F518-4553-8F3F-74131817CC46.jpeg

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Speaking of Civil War statues...this one is in Richmond.

View attachment 328956
That is so sad.

The left had collective outrage about destruction of the ancient Buddhas at Bamiyeh by the Taliban. What kind of mental gyration is needed to condemn the Taliban but cheer destruction of history in our own country? Yes, rhetorical question about the mental illness that infects so many.

·
Registered
33,946 Posts
That is so sad.

The left had collective outrage about destruction of the ancient Buddhas at Bamiyeh by the Taliban. What kind of mental gyration is needed to condemn the Taliban but cheer destruction of history in our own country? Yes, rhetorical question about the mental illness that infects so many.
I wonder how they'd react to destruction of MLK Jr monuments, GW Carver, etc. I mean fair is fair...

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
That is so sad.

I did not think the left was outraged by anything the Taliban did.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Nothing to report here, I would hazard to say that the large majority of country would say the same.

·
Registered
93 Posts

Ready as always, though.

In my little town in CT yesterday there were about 20 high school age kids of different ethnicities and races holding up peace signs, BLM signs, and RIP George Floyd. They were on the sidewalk waving at the cars. Very peaceful and polite. Folks in cars waved back. The kids were able to exercise their first amendment rights and they were all 6' apart with masks. Respectfully done... And I believe they were all local kids.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
There was a rally here Sunday night. It was peaceful and the police were present to insure it stayed that way. There were a number of openly armed citizens also present and several were on a rooftop, "like snipers" as one protester said. When the protesters complained about the armed men the sheriff said that they were exercising their 2nd amendment rights just as the protesters were exercising their 1st amendment rights. He even went so far as to state that he was a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment.

That's the difference between the "protests" in major cities and those in more rural areas. That rioting crap simply wouldn't fly here.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
We have no protests here in our part of LA (Lower Alabama). Our Sheriff made it very clear that any violence, looting, etc would (and will) be dealt with harshly. If he handled it any other way he would probably not get re-elected! There is more public outcry here over the shortened red snapper season which is almost as important as college football season in our corner of the world:biggrin2:

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
There was a rally here Sunday night. It was peaceful and the police were present to insure it stayed that way. There were a number of openly armed citizens also present and several were on a rooftop, "like snipers" as one protester said. When the protesters complained about the armed men the sheriff said that they were exercising their 2nd amendment rights just as the protesters were exercising their 1st amendment rights. He even went so far as to state that he was a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment.

That's the difference between the "protests" in major cities and those in more rural areas. That rioting crap simply wouldn't fly here.
:danceban:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The protest here came and went, and was mostly on the other end of the HOA. The crowd of around 50 people marched up the main street just outside the housing development, carrying signs, making noise, etc. But they stayed off the road, and crossed at the intersections with the pedestrian signals.

I may disagree with much of their message, but they have a right to gather and send their message. Glad they were able to do so without it devolving into law breaking. Only a few miles from here a similar protest resulted in people marching on I-95, blocking freeway traffic (including the express lanes where traffic is often moving at 80+); 43 of those people were arrested.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts