Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She has only been packing her 642 for about two months and this evening she told me about the following scene:

Went to "Tuesday Morning" a department store in Knoxville. On the way in, I noticed the gun with slash sign which caught my attention.
Then, went to a competitor and dropped the several hundred dollars there. Came home and surfed into the corporate website and told them that if they don't allow me to defend myself while shopping there then, I won't allow myself to shop there.

There is a second store in the Knoxville area and, she intends to drop by and inspect the signage [or lack of] on the door.
It will be interesting to see what, if any, reply she recieves.

Aside: yes, I know it is HCP instead of CCW in Tennessee.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You have a smart lady! if I were to discover that a store that I wanted to shop prevented me from carrying I would not shop there either. Here in Vegas there are few businesses that have the dreaded sign we dislike so much.

Just in case, I carry some of the cards that I downloaded & printed just in case I do find one of these businesses. I don't like spending money where I am not allowed to defend myself. If they value me, they value my right to protect myself!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Smart lady!!!
I feel the same way, if my firearm isn't welcome in a business, that business is not welcome to the contents of my wallet.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
yep instead of a gun it might as well be a red slash thru money for me as I will not spend money in a place that restricts my rights

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
Good goin for your Wife!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just noticed a "no guns" sign at the dollar theater. It's the only place I can afford to watch movies!! Thankfully the sign doesn't have any legal standing in Utah, but I need to contact the corporate office and see what they have to say.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Your wife is a smart lady...and I bet she also watches Glen Beck.:image035:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Well done!!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Excellent!

We have a 'Tuesday Morning' store here. I went in once out of curiosity.. I'll have to make a mental note to see if they have any such signs. Although, quite fortunately, I have yet to encounter one of them in a retail environment yet ( a few banks in the area have them).

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just noticed a "no guns" sign at the dollar theater. It's the only place I can afford to watch movies!! Thankfully the sign doesn't have any legal standing in Utah, but I need to contact the corporate office and see what they have to say.

I follow the rule to leave them alone and ignore the sign, since it is illegal. Here in Texas, no guns or ghostbuster signs have no legal standing. If you tell them (corp office) the sign is not valid, maybe they will put up a valid one!

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Very cool. It's a good thing to have your wife join the ranks of CCW. Smart lady you have there.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your wife is a smart lady...and I bet she also watches Glen Beck.:image035:
You are correct! Gotta hand it to Glen, he has done quite a bit to inform and promote the Patriot movement and be informative to anyone else who will listen.
Glen is part of what has turned my wife from someone who was not really interested in our country's state of affairs into someone who went on the D.C. Teaparty trip last Saturday.:hand10:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts