·
Premium Member
38,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
38,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get what they were trying to do, but it is not a good idea to make an operating gun look like a toy.
I don't. What were they trying to do, other than gimmicky marketing to sell guns?

·
Registered
20,981 Posts
I don't. What were they trying to do, other than gimmicky marketing to sell guns?
Some are just more obvious gimmicks than others…

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
Exactly! A gimmicky marketing ploy to sell guns and garner attention.
But they were too short sighted to see the backlash.

·
Premium Member
38,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly! A gimmicky marketing ploy to sell guns and garner attention.
But they were too short sighted to see the backlash.
I'm hard-pressed to believe that anyone with the wherewithal to develop and market such a product is too stupid to foresee the blowback.

Reactions: KILTED COWBOY

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
In terms of marketing, I think they would do better by promoting a tv channel or show promoting shooting by televising different firearms competitions. Kids watch many shows and get interested in things through them. That would be harder for anti’s to use against gun owners. Watching the various skeet shoot, rifle or pistol competitions could be a way to sway opinion and draw the younger crowd to the shooting sports. This in turn would grow a greater majority as time goes on. IMHO😄

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
Like the old "King of the Hill" episode where Bobby was smoking, and he looked out the window of his classroom in elementary school and saw the billboard for "Recess Cigarettes"

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts

·
Registered
43,707 Posts
Our enemies do not need fodder. They are insidious, nothing we do or say will stop them or change their mind so we may as well troll them.
If that is what sets the Antis off, I'm all in on a Lincoln Log model. Or maybe an Erector Set model. I'm sure every 12-year-old--or those who think like one--will rush out and clean the shelves of this "toy."

·
Premium Member
38,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FWIW, I'm thinking guns that look like toys will be much more appealing to violent thugs bent on destruction than to anyone else. Sometimes, those thugs are 13-or-14-year-old gangbangers who are able to kill without remorse and without fear of consequences. What's a cop gonna do when he rolls up on a soon-to-be murderer twirling a Lego Glock?

Reactions: KILTED COWBOY

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Just another way to get more kids shot when they point ANYTHING at an officer because they can claim that it could have been a REAL Firearm.

Same thing with cell phone guns and other lookalikes.

Not sure which is more stupid, making this in the first place or buying one.

But, there is no law against being stupid nor should there be.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
What’s wrong with toy guns? You can still buy them at many retailers such as Bass Pro…

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Just another way to get more kids shot when they point ANYTHING at an officer because they can claim that it could have been a REAL Firearm.

Same thing with cell phone guns and other lookalikes.

Not sure which is more stupid, making this in the first place or buying one.

But, there is no law against being stupid nor should there be.
What do you think all those warning labels are for? >;~}

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Who cares? People have been making toy guns look like real guns for as long as toy guns have been around, and people have been making real guns look like toy guns for years. The real “win” for the antis isn’t that the gun was made. It’s that people who claim to support gun rights are bothered by it.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts