41 - 60 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
It varies from individual to individual. That specific point is likely much different for you than it is for me.
The color of a gun does not change anything about it, therefore, that point is non existent for me. If that point exists at all then whether it’s the shape of an AR being too scary or the color of a Glock being too fun, the mindset is just as left.

·
Premium Member
38,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The color of a gun does not change anything about it, therefore, that point is non existent for me. If that point exists at all then whether it’s the shape of an AR being too scary or the color of a Glock being too fun, the mindset is just as left.
Perhaps I should have started a poll...

·
Registered
10,406 Posts

·
Registered
15,207 Posts
Nope. This or maybe the next thumb your nose stupidity could be the one that breaks the fence sitters back and sets them against us. Why give them ammo to use against you??
I didn't do it.

·
Premium Member
6,738 Posts
When something is presented that I can't morally or ethically defend in my support of our gun rights, I see it as fodder for our enemies. A gun deliberately disguised as a toy certainly fits that description.
LOL..well I hear you, once again there is a “however” to that for me. Hell, man, I make a living taking something horrible sounding and turning it around.

Like this: Ohhhhh! I see how it is for you anti gun liberals. Why, you people will defend “Christ in piss”, and call it art all day long. But when it comes to a folk artist, such as the artisan who made that fanciful pistol that will never be fired, Oh Hell no! You cant stand that.

Well I for one will stand up for art, and the artists who create it, regardless of your misplaced. Snobbery against the common man expressing himself artistically. Which, btw, in case you people have forgotten it, is not simply protected by the 2nd amendment, (which I know you hate), but by the FIRST AMENDMENT as well!

I could of course go on…and on, lol. But you get the point.

·
Premium Member
6,738 Posts
When something is presented that I can't morally or ethically defend in my support of our gun rights, I see it as fodder for our enemies. A gun deliberately disguised as a toy certainly fits that description.
Wellllllll, Hell, Mike. I didnt peg you as an art snob. A fellow against a backwoods folk artisan who designed that fanciful work of art.

But hey, its all good. As they say, art is in the eye of the beholder. :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,738 Posts
Nope. This or maybe the next thumb your nose stupidity could be the one that breaks the fence sitters back and sets them against us. Why give them ammo to use against you??
You make a valid point. It’s possible it could be like you suggest.

However, they use falsehoods against us, and firearms by the bushel load. They lie with impunity and with media support. They manufacture outrage, and bully people into silence.

If we self censor, they have won.

·
Premium Member
38,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
You make a valid point. It’s possible it could be like you suggest.

However, they use falsehoods against us, and firearms by the bushel load. They lie with impunity and with media support. They manufacture outrage, and bully people into silence.

If we self censor, they have won.
Self-censor? Not at all, simply refrain from the nonsensical.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Exactly! A gimmicky marketing ploy to sell guns and garner attention.
But they were too short sighted to see the backlash.
Well, if they were too short sighted to see that coming then they'll never see or hear a freight train comin.

·
Super Moderator
18,226 Posts
I personally could care less what non-gun owners think about anything gun.

Having dealt with every sort of gun-hating, rabid anti-gun fanatics likeMoms Demand Action, various Karens and girly men on legislative issues about guns, they are going to squall like mashed cats no matter what.

Color doesn't matter. Paint schemes don't matter. Guns painted to look like the old Nintendo "Duck Hunt" guns don't matter. They are going to find a reason to argue, swoon, curl up in the fetal position and suck their thumbs no matter what.

Perhaps if we quit aiding and abetting them by fretting about what a gun looks like we'd all be better off as gun owners.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Self-censor? Not at all, simply refrain from the nonsensical.
Whst makes it nonsensical?

When I was a boy there was little if any obvious difference between toy guns and real guns.

The nonsense is in the behavior that made obvious differences necessary, not the objects themselves.

Criminals have been disguising real guns as toy guns for years:

…but when a gunmaker develops an advertising gimmick, suddenly the sky is falling.

Over the past couple of years law enforcement has had their idols and icons stripped away.

We can’t wear Punisher shirts, he’s an anti-hero. We can’t wear Spartan iconography, they were trained from birth to kill. We can’t be crusaders, that’s racist. We can’t be warriors, soldiers..

Our Chief recently began referring to our profession as “peace officers” because “police” has negative connotations.

A recent deescalation class suggested we try to emulate the Jedi. I finally had enough and asked “So, we’re supposed to be magical space ninja?” When the presented indicated the affirmative, I responded “Anakin Skywalker was a Jedi, and killed the younglings and betrayed his Order. You want us to be child murdering traitors?”

…the point being,when you allow your opponent to define the language, you allow them to control the debate.

·
Super Moderator
19,022 Posts
Seems like more heat than light is being generated in this thread. Come to think of it, seems like more heat than light is generated between perfectly good Forum members lately in any of several threads.

We're not taking the fight for liberty to liberty's many enemies, "foreign and domestic" particularly those domestic ones. We're online bickering with ourselves about stupid Lego encrusted guns, pretty colors, and the meaning of it all.

Oh, for the days of yore and a good 'ol caliber war!

Not gonna close this inane thread though for we need to see just how long we wish to "enjoy" quibbling, carping, and grumbling amongst ourselves.

Face it. American couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag and neither can American gun owners.

·
Premium Member
38,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Seems like more heat than light is being generated in this thread. Come to think of it, seems like more heat than light is generated between perfectly good Forum members lately in any of several threads.

We're not taking the fight for liberty to liberty's many enemies, "foreign and domestic" particularly those domestic ones. We're online bickering with ourselves about stupid Lego encrusted guns, pretty colors, and the meaning of it all.

Not gonna close this inane thread though for we need to see just how long we wish to "enjoy" quibbling, carping, and grumbling amongst ourselves.

Face it. American couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag and neither can American gun owners.
Guilty as charged. I'll take responsibility for my end of that particular log and try to do better. I'm good with shutting this one down...

·
Registered
43,596 Posts

Some of us need to relax and have a drink.

Or two, three...

·
Premium Member
38,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Some of us need to relax and have a drink.

Or two, three...
A drink or three removes all my propriety and decorum filters.

Just sayin'...

·
Super Moderator
19,022 Posts
Sorry guys.

Bit testy over the entire stupid Lego Glock thing for I've encountered bickering to varying degrees on any of several firearms forums about that topic.

It's just not worthy of discussion, the Lego Glock thing, among mature gun owners. One would think that if folks are mature enough to own firearms they could find something better to discuss than the immature defilement of perfectly good firearms by immature people. While I want nitwits to have the liberty to practice their nitwit-ery if it harms no one and this goofy painting of guns in pretty colors does no harm, I don't want to be assailed with fractious firearms forum threads about it at every turn.

Make it go away ... pleeease!!!

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Super Moderator
19,022 Posts
A drink or three removes all my propriety and decorum filters.

Just sayin'...

Hah!

Well ... it always has with OldVet.

Or, maybe OV never had propriety and decorum to begin with.

Sorry OV. Just couldn't resist. We love ya'!

41 - 60 of 117 Posts