Defensive Carry banner
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
43,674 Posts
Hah!

Well ... it always has with OldVet.

Or, maybe OV never had propriety and decorum to begin with.

Sorry OV. Just couldn't resist. We love ya'!

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Seems like more heat than light is being generated in this thread. Come to think of it, seems like more heat than light is generated between perfectly good Forum members lately in any of several threads.

We're not taking the fight for liberty to liberty's many enemies, "foreign and domestic" particularly those domestic ones. We're online bickering with ourselves about stupid Lego encrusted guns, pretty colors, and the meaning of it all.

Oh, for the days of yore and a good 'ol caliber war!

Not gonna close this inane thread though for we need to see just how long we wish to "enjoy" quibbling, carping, and grumbling amongst ourselves.

Face it. American couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag and neither can American gun owners.
We pick the dumbest things to argue about anymore...Some threads you can just tell they are gonna go downhill from the start.
This one surprises me though....It proves to me some will argue about anything.

·
Registered
43,674 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,083 Posts
Guns are available in vending machines?
Not yet, but people are here seem to think they should be.
I would never buy a 1911 from a vending machine, as it would be likely to jam in the vending machine and you would have to tap and rack the vending machine to get it to drop.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I would never buy a 1911 from a vending machine, as it would be likely to jam in the vending machine and you would have to tap and rack the vending machine to get it to drop.

BEST comment of the week! Thanks for the laugh 😂😂 😂.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Who cares? People have been making toy guns look like real guns for as long as toy guns have been around, and people have been making real guns look like toy guns for years. The real “win” for the antis isn’t that the gun was made. It’s that people who claim to support gun rights are bothered by it.
When I was a small child, I had a cap gun (one of the types that takes the plastic rings) with a swing-out cylinder that was pretty close to Dad's Cobra in size and appearance. One day after playing outside, I had set it on the table in the hallway. Shortly after that, Dad came home, and Mom chastised him for leaving his Cobra on the table in the hallway!

What isn’t giving “them” ammo?
Bump stocks?
Arm braces?
AR’s?
Etc…

if we let our decisions be guided by what gives “them” ammo, we’d probably have been reduced to revolvers and lever action rifles, and the right wouldn’t need to ban guns. I happen to be thankful for those who couldn’t care less what “they” think.
If we were reduced to revolvers and lever action rifles, the "them" of which we speak would STILL find some ammo to use to ban even them. "Their" tenets: Never let a crisis go to waste when you can use it to further your agenda; Control the language and you control the narrative; and ALWAYS capitalize on faux outrage to stigmatize your opponents.

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Sir, why are you prying that money slot open with a crowbar?

It took my quarter..

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
When I was a small child, I had a cap gun (one of the types that takes the plastic rings) with a swing-out cylinder that was pretty close to Dad's Cobra in size and appearance. One day after playing outside, I had set it on the table in the hallway. Shortly after that, Dad came home, and Mom chastised him for leaving his Cobra on the table in the hallway!

If we were reduced to revolvers and lever action rifles, the "them" of which we speak would STILL find some ammo to use to ban even them. "Their" tenets: Never let a crisis go to waste when you can use it to further your agenda; Control the language and you control the narrative; and ALWAYS capitalize on faux outrage to stigmatize your opponents.
You’re absolutely right. I was just making the point that gun rights have got where they are by doing things without regard for the lefts approval. This is not the first thread on this forum where people have claimed something did more harm than good, when in reality it didn’t. Trying to use conventional lines of thinking in an unconventional battle doesn’t work. The left can care less about what this gun looks like, or even how it functions. The outrage here isn’t much different from the left destroying women’s rights through transgender rights in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The left doesn't seem to have a problem with toy guns modified to look like real ones.
Where's THAT outcry?
Tamir Rice was shot and killed because he pulled one on a LEO.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Would have loved to find that under the Christmas tree when I was a kid.
Legos have gotten some bad press lately .
The British are coming , quick hide your toys !

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
The left doesn't seem to have a problem with toy guns modified to look like real ones.
Where's THAT outcry?
Tamir Rice was shot and killed because he pulled one on a LEO.
You should maybe review the video on that one. Not at all how it went down.

Reactions: APX-9M

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

They're absolutely right.

·
Premium Member
6,517 Posts
Seems like more heat than light is being generated in this thread...

Oh, for the days of yore and a good 'ol caliber war!...
And there, you hit at the real heart of the problem. If they'd made a "Block 21" or "Block 30" in .45 ACP, instead of that girly man 9mm, all would be well. 😜

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
And there, you hit at the real heart of the problem. If they'd made a "Block 21" or "Block 30" in .45 ACP, instead of that little boys and girls 9mm, all would be well. 😜
FIFY.

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
You should maybe review the video on that one. Not at all how it went down.
It’s exactly what happened. He was pointing it at other people as they walked by, and someone called police, and when police show showed up, he was shot as he pulled it out of his waistband.

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
It’s exactly what happened. He was pointing it at other people as they walked by, and someone called police, and when police show showed up, he was shot as he pulled it out of his waistband.
The video I watched showed the cruiser pulling up and Rice shot within two seconds. Was he reaching for the gun, or obeying what he perceived to be the officers' commands? I wasn't there, so it's all mute, grainy, choppy, and fairly subjective. Whatever, he got shot over a toy gun that looked real. The original topic here was about real guns that look fake, and consequences possible therein.

Reactions: APX-9M

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
The video I watched showed the cruiser pulling up and Rice shot within two seconds. Was he reaching for the gun, or obeying what he perceived to be the officers' commands? I wasn't there, so it's all mute, grainy, choppy, and fairly subjective. Whatever, he got shot over a toy gun that looked real. The original topic here was about real guns that look fake, and consequences possible therein.
Yes he was pulling the gun out. I believe the parents said later that he was taking it out to give to the police, but there would have been no way of knowing that. There are many different things that could have been different that would have resulted in a better outcome. The point though, is that outrage occurs in these situations when people are told to be outraged as well as why to be outraged. There is not consistency across the board. The article above says that this glock was posted online for several weeks before anyone decided it was a problem.

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Yes he was pulling the gun out. I believe the parents said later that he was taking it out to give to the police, but there would have been no way of knowing that. There are many different things that could have been different that would have resulted in a better outcome. The point though, is that outrage occurs in these situations when people are told to be outraged as well as why to be outraged. There is not consistency across the board. The article above says that this glock was posted online for several weeks before anyone decided it was a problem.
That's how people become useful idiots. They are either outraged at the initial initial issue, or are outraged because people they disagree with are outraged. It keeps us at each other's throats rather than paying attention to the issues that really affect us all. I learned a lot back when I started the Happy Juneteenth! thread.

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
That's how people become useful idiots. They are either outraged at the initial initial issue, or are outraged because people they disagree with are outraged. It keeps us at each other's throats rather than paying attention to the issues that really affect us all. I learned a lot back when I started the Happy Juneteenth! thread.
Juneteenth is another great example of what I’m talking about. It has existed for over 150 years and nobody cares until they were told to. However, this thread isn’t about psychology, it’s about a gun that’s not a problem.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts