Defensive Carry banner
81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ahh so what? I think it's pretty neat. As a gun nut, I'd buy one just for the novelty and cool factor. This seems to be much ado about nothing.

I didn't read all the prior post, but I fail to see what the issue is. If it has to do with children getting a hold of it, well not everyone has school aged children in their home. Even if they do, the parents can follow the same safe firearm practices that they've been following with their other guns.

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Ahh so what? I think it's pretty neat. As a gun nut, I'd buy one just for the novelty and cool factor. This seems to be much ado about nothing.

I didn't read all the prior post, but I fail to see what the issue is. If it has to do with children getting a hold of it, well not everyone has school aged children in their home. Even if they do, the parents can follow the same safe firearm practices that they've been following with their other guns.
exactly. Nothing changes between this gun and one that’s all black, or FDE, or pink, or whatever.

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
exactly. Nothing changes between this gun and one that’s all black, or FDE, or pink, or whatever.
Really? Are you going to react the same way at having a Lego gun pointed at you as you will a Glock? Not a rhetorical question. The Lego gun would likely inspire hesitation in me that would be absent otherwise.

Reactions: StripesDude

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Glock on Block.jpg

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Really? Are you going to react the same way at having a Lego gun pointed at you as you will a Glock? Not a rhetorical question. The Lego gun would likely inspire hesitation in me that would be absent otherwise.
If you’re looking close enough to see if it’s a lego gun you’re doing it wrong.

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
If you’re looking close enough to see if it’s a lego gun you’re doing it wrong.
Looks like a Leggo gun from here. Go ahead and shoot/don't shoot anyway?

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
Looks like a Leggo gun from here. Go ahead and shoot/don't shoot anyway?
All I see is a gun. If it were anything else how long would you react?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Does anyone remember hearing about Dillinger making a fake gun out of soap and shoe polish and using it to break out of prison?

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Does anyone remember hearing about Dillinger making a fake gun out of soap and shoe polish and using it to break out of prison?
dillinger gun.jpg

·
Registered
673 Posts
We are in the middle of the Outrage Era where it's become commonplace for any and everyone to find something to be outraged over.

Live, let live, and stop worrying or getting upset about over what everyone else is doing. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you like it, buy it. By the law of supple and demand, if enough people like it, a manufacturer will make more. If it is indeed a bad idea, no one will buy it, and manufacturers will stop making it. It's not that serious.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
i dislike pink, purple, or rainbow guns for one main reason.....there has been many troubles stopped by the mere display of a firearm.

i know to never count on the display to end troubles.......nevertheless it often does.

to use a firearm that creates doubt whether it is real or not?......why lose the deterrence factor? its not the same thing as hidden/disguised guns as you are using such for the surprise factor to gain the upper hand. This block lego gun looks like a joke and looks like a toy. Yes it can kill....but it screams toy. you are more likely to have to follow thru and squeeze the trigger with the block leggo...simply because they are not taking you seriously.

to those ends, i will not own a lego rainbow gun, pink AR, pink glock, lady 870, etc, etc.........not for any political reasons of save the children......nor for political reasons of gun rights to be in your face and do as i please and its "my right"......i refuse to because i want to reduce doubt on anyone's part that what what is in my hands is the real deal.....and to maintain the deterrence factor.

i won't count on the deterrence factor......but i will take all the help i can get from it and not just dismiss it.

worked cases where someone pulls a gun, and the suspect backs off or flees because they saw the gun as an imminent threat......not little johnny's leggo set..

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
i dislike pink, purple, or rainbow guns for one main reason.....there has been many troubles stopped by the mere display of a firearm.

i know to never count on the display to end troubles.......nevertheless it often does.

to use a firearm that creates doubt whether it is real or not?......why lose the deterrence factor? its not the same thing as hidden/disguised guns as you are using such for the surprise factor to gain the upper hand. This block lego gun looks like a joke and looks like a toy. Yes it can kill....but it screams toy. you are more likely to have to follow thru and squeeze the trigger with the block leggo...simply because they are not taking you seriously.

to those ends, i will not own a lego rainbow gun, pink AR, pink glock, lady 870, etc, etc.........not for any political reasons of save the children......nor for political reasons of gun rights to be in your face and do as i please and its "my right"......i refuse to because i want to reduce doubt on anyone's part that what what is in my hands is the real deal.....and to maintain the deterrence factor.

i won't count on the deterrence factor......but i will take all the help i can get from it and not just dismiss it.

worked cases where someone pulls a gun, and the suspect backs off or flees because they saw the gun as an imminent threat......not little johnny's leggo set..
I'm thinking guns that don't look like guns might also instill hesitancy to fire on the part of defenders when presented offensively. That is my single biggest concern with them, not that kids will somehow get hold of them and think they are a toy. Criminals using such weaponry will gain an edge of uncertainty over the people who should be shooting at them.

·
Premium Member
9,083 Posts

They're absolutely right.

Looks like Lego decided to flex its IP rights. This was an easy one to see coming.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
We are in the middle of the Outrage Era where it's become commonplace for any and everyone to find something to be outraged over.

Live, let live, and stop worrying or getting upset about over what everyone else is doing. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you like it, buy it. By the law of supple and demand, if enough people like it, a manufacturer will make more. If it is indeed a bad idea, no one will buy it, and manufacturers will stop making it. It's not that serious.
It is serious when we are facing daily attacks on our gun ownership rights. We can’t have people in this community doing such dumb things.
Looks like it’s a moot point - after Glock and Lego issued statements, they’ve pulled the product.

·
Registered
10,430 Posts

Not every gun purchase is about using in self defense.

do we even know that any of these were ever actually sold? It’s not uncommon both in and out of the firearms industry for companies to make products just to show the type of work that can be done. This has probably drawn more traffic to their website than anything else they ever could have done.

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Looks like Lego decided to flex its IP rights. This was an easy one to see coming.
Glock didn't think much of it, either.

Reactions: PEF

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Not every gun purchase is about using in self defense.

do we even know that any of these were ever actually sold? It’s not uncommon both in and out of the firearms industry for companies to make products just to show the type of work that can be done. This has probably drawn more traffic to their website than anything else they ever could have done.
agreed....is it highly successful click-bait......

on the self defense issue.......that are many "sporting" guns, collectables, heirlooms, and plinkers that do suddenly become defensive guns at the drop of a hat.....simply because its what is on hand...

·
Registered
10,430 Posts
agreed....is it highly successful click-bait......

on the self defense issue.......that are many "sporting" guns, collectables, heirlooms, and plinkers that do suddenly become defensive guns at the drop of a hat.....simply because its what is on hand...
Ok. Let’s look at that idea. I own a nice custom engraved 1911 that I have never carried, but it fires a .45 round as well as any gun. I also have a 6” GP100 that is far from an ideal carry gun. I don’t even have a holster for it actually. Both of which could be used successfully in a home defense situation, even if its not my preferred gun. Here, we have a glock, I have no idea if anything has been modified inside or not. I’ll assume it hasn’t for the sake of this post. Inside the gun, everything is identical to the G19 that remains on my nightstand. That would mean that I could count on that gun to be about as reliable as any gun out there, with one exception. The sights are fake, so aiming may not work so well with it. However, If I didn’t purchase this gun, then I would never need to worry about using it in self defense. If I did, then I still have every firearm that I own at my disposal.

now let’s look at other firearms. People will carry glocks that have aftermarket barrels, triggers, etc. with all the springs changes in them, that can have various affects on reliability. What makes those guns a better option? You can go on gun broker and buy a flintlock if you’d like. If you think those guns are cool, would you avoid buying one all because if you needed to defend yourself it’s not a good option? My guess is no, but that same question could also be applied to many, many more firearms.

·
Premium Member
38,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Five pages in, my sig line is about the only response I have for those critical of my opinion on this one.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts