Defensive Carry banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
It is serious when we are facing daily attacks on our gun ownership rights. We can’t have people in this community doing such dumb things.
Looks like it’s a moot point - after Glock and Lego issued statements, they’ve pulled the product.
It's the same reverse psychology that has had many white conservatives pressured into self censorship that has them scared to let people know they support Trump and/or to openly and publicly voice their opinions on some issues because they don't want to be seen as being racist, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, antisemitic, islamophobic, etc.

As been pointed out, the gun grabbers do not like guns period whether they look like Legos or not. They are going to push for more gun control whether a Lego gun exist or not. I also do not see anything that's "dumb" about it. What's dumb is living your life catering to and worried about what those who want you completely disarmed think. When you do, they win and you become a part of the problem and not the solution.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
You can have whatever viewpoint you want, Mike. However, when your rationality is no better than any other anti-gun viewpoint, don’t expect a different response just because you post on a gun forum. You can call it being open minded or whatever, and not having pick a corner if you want to justify it to yourself. That’s up to you.
To use one example, in the past, this gun has been labeled as an “assault rifle”

while this gun hasnt.

The two guns are the same, one is just mounted in a chassis. I think we would all agree that viewing these guns differently is ridiculous, but this thread has outdone that by arguing that certain guns are either ok or not depending on their color. So like I said, feel free to have whatever opinion you want, but don’t be shocked when people who have consistently held a certain viewpoint for years don’t just suddenly do a 180 on it all because you started a thread.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Meanwhile, a non black or stainless gun being successfully used in self defense for the people that think that’s the only thing that matters.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Ok. Let’s look at that idea. I own a nice custom engraved 1911 that I have never carried, but it fires a .45 round as well as any gun. I also have a 6” GP100 that is far from an ideal carry gun. I don’t even have a holster for it actually. Both of which could be used successfully in a home defense situation, even if its not my preferred gun. Here, we have a glock, I have no idea if anything has been modified inside or not. I’ll assume it hasn’t for the sake of this post. Inside the gun, everything is identical to the G19 that remains on my nightstand. That would mean that I could count on that gun to be about as reliable as any gun out there, with one exception. The sights are fake, so aiming may not work so well with it. However, If I didn’t purchase this gun, then I would never need to worry about using it in self defense. If I did, then I still have every firearm that I own at my disposal.

now let’s look at other firearms. People will carry glocks that have aftermarket barrels, triggers, etc. with all the springs changes in them, that can have various affects on reliability. What makes those guns a better option? You can go on gun broker and buy a flintlock if you’d like. If you think those guns are cool, would you avoid buying one all because if you needed to defend yourself it’s not a good option? My guess is no, but that same question could also be applied to many, many more firearms.
the point i am thinking about is not the ability of the platform to launch the bullet.......but more about the possible lack of deterrence the platform presents by its toy appearance....the "block 19" could sail thru a 2000 rd endurance test without cleaning for all i care.....have 10 ring accuracy.....reliable with all loads........and still have minimal deterrence factor as it appears to others as a toy and a JOKE.....till it went bang.

i do not depend on the deterrence......but do not discard the very large possibility of it either..

would "standard" guns such as a single shot 20, beretta 21,marlin 336, gp100, bersa 380, ruger blackhawk, etc, etc be taken more seriously by visuals alone as they simply look like a "real gun"........so just maybe you would not have to pull the trigger to begin with?.

the block 19 to handguns is the equivilent of the oscar meyer wiener mobile to cars......both can kill you.....and both not taken seriously except for advertising angle....

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
the point i am thinking about is not the ability of the platform to launch the bullet.......but more about the possible lack of deterrence the platform presents by its toy appearance....the "block 19" could sail thru a 2000 rd endurance test without cleaning for all i care.....have 10 ring accuracy.....reliable with all loads........and still have minimal deterrence factor as it appears to others as a toy and a JOKE.....till it went bang.

i do not depend on the deterrence......but do not discard the very large possibility of it either..

would "standard" guns such as a single shot 20, beretta 21,marlin 336, gp100, bersa 380, ruger blackhawk, etc, etc be taken more seriously by visuals alone as they simply look like a "real gun"........so just maybe you would not have to pull the trigger to begin with?.

the block 19 to handguns is the equivilent of the oscar meyer wiener mobile to cars......both can kill you.....and both not taken seriously except for advertising angle....
Then you don’t have to use it for that. We are literally talking about a gun that has fake sights and a fake red dot. I own many firearms, and if I added this to the list, if I were ever down to having to use this one to defend myself, then the alternative is likely being unarmed, and I’m long past the point of a firearm being used as a deterrent.

A Ford Model A may not be a good daily driver, but maybe people like them anyway. Plenty of people build cars that are not practical to drive. But maybe they are less interested in the drivability of it and more interested in just having something to show off their work.

Reactions: retired deputy

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
If I identified as a six year old or had more money than I cared about would be the only reasons I myself could even come up with to buy this gun.
Things appear to be getting pretty serious in this country . I’m not getting the need for levity here.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Then you don’t have to use it for that. We are literally talking about a gun that has fake sights and a fake red dot. I own many firearms, and if I added this to the list, if I were ever down to having to use this one to defend myself, then the alternative is likely being unarmed, and I’m long past the point of a firearm being used as a deterrent.

A Ford Model A may not be a good daily driver, but maybe people like them anyway. Plenty of people build cars that are not practical to drive. But maybe they are less interested in the drivability of it and more interested in just having something to show off their work.
true enough.....i am not saying the block 19 should be illegal, banned, or otherwise legislated out of existence.....
just merely pointing out that sometimes the absurd and the abstract can have unforseen downsides that should perhaps be considered....be it fake sights, fake red dot, or a silly toy-like appearance.....

in the end....it will ultimately be the marketplace that will decide the fate of this design.....

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
true enough.....i am not saying the block 19 should be illegal, banned, or otherwise legislated out of existence.....
just merely pointing out that sometimes the absurd and the abstract can have unforseen downsides that should perhaps be considered....be it fake sights, fake red dot, or a silly toy-like appearance.....

in the end....it will ultimately be the marketplace that will decide the fate of this design.....
is it an unforeseen downside, or are you trying to view it as something other than what it was designed for?

how about another car analogy…
The 2021 C8 corvette gets 15/27 fuel mileage. Would you say the car is a bad design because it gets bad gas mileage relative to other cars? Or can we agree that the car was not marketed as a fuel efficient commuter car, therefore it would be wrong to compare it to those that are?

And no, the marketplace will not decide the fate of this gun, because it is not for sale.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
is it an unforeseen downside, or are you trying to view it as something other than what it was designed for?

how about another car analogy…
The 2021 C8 corvette gets 15/27 fuel mileage. Would you say the car is a bad design because it gets bad gas mileage relative to other cars? Or can we agree that the car was not marketed as a fuel efficient commuter car, therefore it would be wrong to compare it to those that are?

And no, the marketplace will not decide the fate of this gun, because it is not for sale.

....i think it was intentionally designed to do exactly what it is doing......creating controversy by mixing child lego design with the glock design and creating exposure.
And to those ends it appears to be very successful......and reckless....

and the market place will be the ultimate factor of whether it goes into production or not...if this was testing the waters, the reaction seems to be very negative.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
....i think it was intentionally designed to do exactly what it is doing......creating controversy by mixing child lego design with the glock design and creating exposure.

and the market place will be the ultimate factor of whether it goes into production or not...if this was testing the waters, the reaction seems to be very negative.
I agree completely. There is no function to bright colors and those lego pegs. This was an ill advised “conversation starter”.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts

Maybe they should do something like write a 5 paragraph statement and put it on their website so we will know. 🤦🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
I agree completely. There is no function to bright colors and those lego pegs. This was an ill advised “conversation starter”.
there is no function to dark colors either. It’s funny how this is a problem, but only this gun. Not all the other ones they do similar stuff to.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
What other guns are made precisely to closely resemble children’s toys?
I don’t think any of them have. They all(including this one) look like guns. Making stuff like this is what they do.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts

“There was a fire at my house and when I tried to put it out I accidentally grabbed my AR15”
-Nobody, ever

·
Premium Member
6,515 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Ran across another one. Weird how without the media, nobody got upset about it.

Reactions: demanic
101 - 117 of 117 Posts