Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAVAET: I am in no way affiliated with this seller.

I stumbled onto these, and figured they were cheap enough to impulse buy.

Glock 42 Plus 1 Internal Mag Conversion (2 pack)

I got them today, and they do allow for one more round. They even work with the +2 extension on one of my mags, so that mag now was 9 rounds in it. The one thing about the extension is it does seem like it might catch a bit on the bottom of the mag as it moves out of the extension - I might take some sand paper to everything to smooth it out. I haven't been to the range yet, but I did play with them a bit and they seem like they should work fine with the possible exception of the extension.

The difference between the the original and the ebay follower is about 1/8" shaved off the bottom.

SO - some of y'all might want to buy these off ebay.

Others might want to try shaving/sanding 1/8" off the bottom of your follower to add another round to your mag! With a belt sander, this mod would take about 5 seconds. And if you screw them up, you can buy replacements off ebay for $15 OBO.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have been sanding the bottom of some followers for years, on the old Glocks 23 mags the top round was to tight to the slide, making raking the slide difficult to rack, 1/8" of the bottom back of the follower remedy that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts