Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My PT series came apart on me shooting last month. No injuries, luckily. The gun recoiled, split along the frame grip and blew the mag base off. Taurus got me a new frame pronto and it is good as new now. no pics as the cracks would not show well as they were hairline cracks. Thanks again to Taurus for their service.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Relieved no injury but more relieved (impressed) that you got good Taurus service.:smile:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Rocky,

Did you have a newer PT 140 or was yours a little bit older? I've heard of this happening on the first run of the PT series, which has long since been corrected.

I'm glad they stood by it. What matters most is that even though it shouldn't have happened, Taurus made it right.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Rocky
Very glad to hear you were not hurt, and and also glad to hear Taurus stood behind their product line as they always have in the past :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
possible double charged load , but doubtful as it was factory ammo. Luckily the way the frame was designed the pressure was vented down and thru the grip rather than out the sides. Yes I got a 1 run PT. I got 2 small cuts on my face from plastic pieces and a bruised thumb. Safety glasses are important. Luckily I was wearing em. As much as I like the gun, I don't really trust it as much now. Will probably trade it or sell it and get a compact 1911.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts