Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added a Taurus PT1911 to my arsenal. I thought they all came with Heinie sights on them. When I got mine home and started looking it over I noticed that the sights were Novaks! Anybody know anything about this?:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
No, but it sounds like you got a free upgrade to me... You came out ahead...

Reactions: kristo

·
Registered
756 Posts
About a year ago or so, Taurus began equipping the PT1911's with Novaks... at least thats when I noticed that Taurus started listing "genuine Novak sights" in their magazine ads. There are probably some dealers that still have old "new in box" inventory with Heinies that havent been sold yet. When I was shopping for a PT1911, I was looking for one with the new Novaks, specifically.

Here's mine, with the Novak 3-dots.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes Taurus no longer used Heinies (haha) on the PT1911. If you ask me I liked the Heinies better than the Novaks. That said though I dont think you are being done a disservice to have either.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
I believe it was 2008 when Taurus switched from Heine to Novak sights. I never could get use to the Heine sights, ended up having them changed out. Now have a set of Heine straight 8 night sights just setting in a draw.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks men for the info. I too didn't like the heinie's! Nice piece Grant48 I really like the grips you have. Am thinking of changing mine out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm gonna necro bump this rather than start a new thread.

I have a 2008 pt1911 that needs new sights, it has the novaks. I know that the ones that had heines had a non standard dovetail cut, is this true of the later pt1911s with novaks? What are my choices for replacement?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only thing I am sure of is those sights are not novak. They are 100% taurus. They licensed the name. The screws are even metric.

Shot placement is everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts