Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got to the range today with my new Taurus PT709. I ran through 290 rounds. 150 Rounds of reloads. 100 rounds of WWB. 40 Rounds of 124g federal hydra's

Failures
Reloads - 12 All FTE
WWB - 0
Federal - 0

Conclusion - This gun doesn't like reloads. Or at least the ones my dad makes.

Recoil - I was really amazed here. The gun was pleasant to shoot. Almost 300 rounds through it and I could have put another 300 through. It was honestly fun to shoot.

Accuracy - Good. 4 inch groups from 22 yards, 3 inch from 12 yards. Not bad. Not as good as my Glock but I can't complain.

Trigger - I was impressed. Took me a few mags to get adjusted to it but after that I was comfortable with it. Smooth and not gritty at all.

Overall I really like this gun. For ME it is the perfect CCW. Thin, light weight, accurate, external safety, good trigger and affordable. My wife even liked it and she doesn't like auto's. It has actually made her want a auto for her CCW.

Opps, I posted this under holster instead of carry guns. Can a mod move it for me please? Thank you

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Good to hear. I like the ergonomics and looks of the 709 vs. the Keltec PF9

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Sounds like you just need to step up the powder charge in the reloads a bit. Short barreled, light weight pistols tend to have very stout recoil springs as there isn't much slide mass. It generally takes a fairly stout load to get them to cycle reliably.

Thanks for the report.

Hoss

1 - 4 of 4 Posts