Defensive Carry banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Today, I decided that it might be a good idea to shoot my new ten-shot Kel-Tech P-11 9mm pistol, just to see if it worked, since it is my new carjack-attack deterrent tool inside the door pouch of my little HHR car. I drove to Vandalia Range & Armory to use their indoor range for the very first time. Leave your pride outside! The range master started giving me wise advice, lessons and shooting tips for free...because I started shooting to the right of center of the pink Post-It-Note heart. He told me to forget the squinting and nitpicking gun-magazine stuff, and to start consistently doing the basics to get good enough: Grip, point and trigger control, grip, point and trigger control. Yes, he did three head shots with my gun to show me that it was not its fault. Damn it. I started getting better and better. A nice range master. We chatted and he showed me his big black Taurus .45 hog leg. I also shot my big shiny Taurus PT-92, which was much more accurate at a longer range. But he got me back to personal defense at close range. He might have saved my life, with his help and wise advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.