Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local gun dealer has a few LCP's in stock and at last check earlier today...roughly 6000 rounds of .380 for sale (could be more). I like the size for concealment. I understand it's not the most fun gun to shoot at the range, but that's fine. I have a G17 I like to shoot anyways. The sticker price was $319+tax...

So, this is for those who have bought the LCP (or want to chime in as well)... Do you find it fit your needs?

I should mention, that this coming weekend is a 2 day gun show. Can I find it cheaper there, you think?

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
The LCP at my local shop is 329.00+tax

·
Registered
335 Posts
Pull! Great little weapon! Surprizingly accurate and the easiest carry pistol around. :king:

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Pull! Great little weapon! Surprizingly accurate and the easiest carry pistol around. :king:
+1 Kingdaddyoh! Um, yeah! This gun fits the bill perfectly. I got it for a couple reason. For a BUG and for a very deep concealment when just nothing else would work and I would otherwise have gone without any gun. I have gotta say, there is no more excuse to be unarmed with that pistol.

Mine has been 100% reliable. It is accurate and one hell of a little shooter!

I don't see why you would have to pay more than $320 for it.

I can't remember if I paid under $300 or not, I've been trying to find my receipt but can't lay my hands on it at the moment. But it was right around the $300 mark. $310 at the most!

I know I paid almost $50 more than the Kel-Tec P3AT which was right next to it in the show case, and as far as I'm concerned there was no comparison regarding the finish and fit of the Ruger! The Ruger was worth the extra money in my estimation. Without a doubt!

I will probably be getting the wife one as well because she sure isn't getting mine. She wants to have a BUG as well and loves how mine fits her hand and it's concealment ability and light weight.

Good luck on getting yourself an LCP! Great little guns IMO.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Get it. You won't regret it. As others have said, with the LCP, there is no reason to go without a gun. It is in my pocket or on my waistband when around the house, and when I go out, it goes in the pocket with the .45 in the waistband.

I paid $289 plus tax for mine, but that was about a year ago. I added the Crimson Trace Laser Grip and the Ruger Pinky Extension.

Here it is pictured with the CT Laser and the Pearce Pinky Extension. I prefer the Ruger Pinky Extension over the Pearce as the Ruger Extension is a bit smaller, making the fit a little tighter.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
They are running $349.00 here, right now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It fit my needs as far as deep concealment at the price of shootability. I knew that going into it. What I got is the gun I will always have on me because it is such a joy to carry. I have never carried the Kel-Tek PM9 but considering it's size would be the only run for it's money. It shoots a 9mm but at the cost of more than 50% more weight.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Found my reciept... $325 on 2/9/09 in my local gun shop here in Missouri.

And they couldn't keep them in stock. I took mine away from an employee who had it reserved for himself. He had let two others go which he was trying to get for himself. They had to pull it out of the safe.

I remember seeing the Kel-Tec there and asked if they had any LCP's and she said, one in the safe which was sold already.

I said, "If it's sold, what's it still doing in the safe? I got cash here in my hand!"

That's when she said it was reserved for one of the staff. He walked up and said, "If you really want it, you can have it!" I pulled out the AmEx card and he said, "Good enough!"

Then he told me about the two others he let go and said next one comes in, he's keeping it. I think he said they sold 6 in 4 days including the one I got.

They were a hot commodity at the time. I think they still are!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I bought my LCP from Gander Mountain in May of 2008. It was $289.00 and the last one they had in stock.

I returned it to Ruger in December 0f 2008 for the recall and received it back in 6 days. It's a great BUG in a Nemesis pocket holster.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just picked one up yesterday to replace my Kel Tec. Still hanging at $339 here if you can find one. They are still selling as fast as they come in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can find these on an online auction site cheaper but by the time you pay for shipping and FFL transfer it would come to around $329. Don't forget to figure in tax for a local buy.

The LCP is a great gun if you remember what it's function is. Don't expect it to be a range gun and fun to shoot. I love mine, but I love it for what it is. A small, lightweight weapon can I can carry when I can't carry my Taurus 745 Pro.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My local gun dealer has a few LCP's in stock and at last check earlier today...roughly 6000 rounds of .380 for sale (could be more). I like the size for concealment. I understand it's not the most fun gun to shoot at the range, but that's fine. I have a G17 I like to shoot anyways. The sticker price was $319+tax...

So, this is for those who have bought the LCP (or want to chime in as well)... Do you find it fit your needs?

I should mention, that this coming weekend is a 2 day gun show. Can I find it cheaper there, you think?
At the gun show in Fort Worth, TX this past weekend, they ranged from between $269 and $299. The .380 ACP ammo, on the other hand was outrageous. I would buy some of the ammo from your local dealer if you are planning on getting the LCP.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
My LCP is one of the best gun purchases I've made in a while now. :image035:

I bought it specifically for the purpose it's being used for. 24 7 carry without the burden that can accompany CC from time to time. It truly disappears in the front pocket in a pocket holster, and is easily presented if needed. The Gun show may have it for a better price, but I'd say, if you find one you might wanta grab it up. They're hard to come by here is GA. :bier:

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Pull.

I feel dumb for agonizing over it as long as I did. I kept waiting for prices to come down, and then realized that this gun was likely going to be in high-demand/short-supply indefinately. $330 + tax.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
One Saturday morning about 6 months ago I was in a gun shop here in Memphis where they had just sold a batch of LCP's to folks on a 3-4 month waiting list. When the list was filled they had one unclaimed LCP left over and it went home with me for $330 cash and carry. Right place...right time!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pull that trigger. Get your self an Elsie for all the reasons already stated. I can't overstate the fact that you will never go unarmed due to inconvenience(sp) AGAIN! Great Feeling for sure.

They are $289 here in CT and in stock a a few places. But I got mine earlier in the year for $249.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
The LCP is the gun you always wish you had. Just disappears into the pocket!
So does the gun that they copied from...the KelTec P-3AT...:image035:

·
Registered
829 Posts
not bad, in the last 6 months or so they have been at shows for as high as 400-450. Some stores will only sell them at shows. But now you can find them in stock. Maybe the hot weather makes them more valuable, to some anyway. I have shot them and I like them, great for teh pocket, shoot pretty good. LCP is not +p rated and the KT is, something to consider... or at least know before you buy.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I love my LCP. It is with me 100% of the time... Even when I carry a larger caliber. Mine is a post recall model that cost $329.00 new.

My constant companion:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts