Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a trip to the range with me, my wife wanted to know "When can we do that again?" She went to fire her rather old, H&R 32 revolver, that same gun that got me to thinking, "I need a gun!"

So, I happily fired away with my new G23, she shot the daylights out of her targets with the 32.

Today, we are going to the range again. (Stays open 'till 9 PM.) Since I'd already decided to go by WalMart for "range-rounds," I suggested we stop by the gun shop to get her a pair of earmuffs, first.

That got her in the door! :hand10:

Once in, I showed her what I thought she might want to "trade up to," a Bursa .380 DuoTone. Actually I was looking at that one as maybe a "Sunday-go-to-meeting" dress gun.

She wasn't impressed with it and asked to see some Glocks. To make a long story short, she bought a 9mm G 26! :biggrin2: (No waiting period, since it was a trade-in deal.) Also picked up some cleaning supplies and a box of GoldDots.

Who'd a thunk it?

So, it was off to Wally-World for a couple-hundred rounds of 9mm and 40 S&W, with her talking all the way about, "Well, I spend that much money on a gun, I guess I need to get my CCW, too." :image035:

Tell me, does it get any better than this?

Already gave her the first "ground school" on gun handling safety, in a little while, we'll be at the range for some trigger-time. :yup:

She can already shoot, I've seen that. Just have to see how much she likes the baby Glock.

mm

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
WAY - TO - GO!!! :smile:

That is not only a success but of course - a logical progression :wink:

·
Registered
81 Posts
man, if you ever divorce her, send her to me :) Have her try the +1 pierce extensions for the G26, it cures the only real weakness of the gun IMHO.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Excellent! You are a sly dog getting her into the gun store with the pretense of buying earmuffs. I'll have to remember that one.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Could you have her call my wife, please :)

Great to hear!

·
Administrator
143,575 Posts
madmike

"The Family That Glocks Together Rocks Together"...I always say.
Well, actually that's the first time that I ever said that. :biggrin2:

But, Congrats to you both.:congrats:

That sure is a nice "step up" from a Harrington & Richardson wheel gun.
Good~Bye....H&R ~~~~~ Hell~O....Tupperware!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"The Family That Glocks Together Rocks Together"... :biggrin2:

Hope that's "public domain," I LIKE it!

We leave for the range in just a few minutes. So far, the conversation is on "how" she will carry, not so much, "if."

We'll get a lot of ideas from this Forum, and the 2 years of back issues of Concealed Carry Magazine that I have on DVD. Hmmmm. . . I'l have to look into the USCCA and see if they have a "family membership" I can convert mine into.

Or, maybe I'll just keep her "concealed!" :image035:

FYI: If she starts posting here, her last on-line handle was "Dementia." :rolleyes:

mm

·
Registered
878 Posts
Cool!!!

My wife applied for her CCW just today after picking up the application 18 months ago. Wants me to help her pick out a revolver. Not sure what changed her mind cause I have been bugging her to make an appointment for over a year now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My wife and I each have had our CCW permits for 10 years. This past Christmas she bought me a Ruger SP-101 .357.

Great wives and guns.

A wonderderful combination. You gotta love it!

Take care.

Jim

·
Registered
210 Posts
What a rotten thing to do to your poor unsuspecting wife!! The very least you can do to make it up to her is to buy her some electronic muffs!:image035:

Good job..:congrats:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got back from the range and it's still "all good!"

She had no problems moving up fron that .32 wheel gun to the 9mm semi-auto. Noise and recoil do not seem to affect her, in the least.

She talked to the range master and will be taking the basic course next week, so she can apply for her carry permit. :biggrin2:

She did have a little problem loading the magazine at first, using the loading tool that comes with the Glock. Once she learned the trick to it, no more problems.

Only mistake I made was telling her that I'd shot my last few strings left-handed. (My weak hand.) She thought I was teasing here. So, I borrowed her gun and shot it the same way, placing 10 in the center ring of the large silouette.

Her only comment was not very ladylike! :tongue:
But then she tried it herself, and did pretty darned well.

She did have a good time as once more, her question was, "When can we do this again?"

Life is GOOD!

·
Registered
80 Posts
That’s great madmike!!!:hand10:

I want to get my wife to the range, but schedules and kids always seem to get in the way. I have taken her to the gun and hunting stores. She will look at the guns with me for a while, but soon disappears. I usually find her checking out the bows. Oh well, one of these days…

·
Registered
521 Posts
Alli can add is "unbelievable".
my wife carrying a gun....unfortunately not likely without the occurence of a "life changing event". although she does help me watch for the occassional "no guns" signs when we are out together.
interesting the thread started out with an H&R 32 revo though. that was my first carry piece. it lasted a few months til i upped to a 38 snub then to the 1911 micro.

madmike, if its not too forward how old are you and yer wife?
i am 40 and my wife is 36. (just for comparisons sake on gun attitudes among women of, maybe, similar ages.)

·
Registered
103 Posts
My wife wants nothing to do with guns. Since I always carry, she just doesn't say anything about them. I do have my 11 and 13 year old daughters shooting the air pistol with me in the back yard. I plan to have them using a .22 in the near future.

·
Registered
92 Posts
MadMike..Brilliant.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Sounds great, except that she should have sprung for a 1911. :wink: :theyareontome: JK, don't let her get away (don't make her mad either). :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's a rare woman! It's great to hear that both of you are having such a good time. Keep at it and stay safe!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts