Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, my wife and I made the drive down from Chesapeake, VA to Atlanta, GA this afternoon. It was a nice 10hr trip en route tomorrow (the 2nd leg of our trip) to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi to pay a surprise visit to my Dad. Anyways, we had lunch at the nearby Cheese Cake Factory and entered the mall. Sure, it had the no gun sign (red circle with a slash over a gun) on the door but I walked right on in with my CC piece (HK VP9 w/17+1 and 2 extra 17 rd mags) on my person. Everything was fine until my wife wanted us to go down to the lower levels of the mall. It was then that I ran into this crazy sign that I had never seen before. Pure foolishness! It was near the escalator leading to the two lower decks of the mall. Needless to say, once I saw it, I refused to go down the escalator, and my wife and I promptly left the mall altogether.

·
Premium Member
43,077 Posts

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
I’ve heard of a system like that. On your return leg could you please try it out and write a “range report” for us? Thanks.

PS: Pick up a High Point and leave the HK in the car. You’re welcome.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here you go:

Yep! That was it! Crazy man! My wife and I split once we saw those. Other parts of the mall were fine to enter but to get to the 2 lower levels by escalator (and to come back up), you had to go through those checkpoints. We left!

·
Premium Member
43,077 Posts
Yep! That was it! Crazy man! My wife and I split once we saw those. Other parts of the mall were fine to enter but to get to the 2 lower levels by escalator (and to come back up), you had to go through those checkpoints. We left!
Enough to put that feeling into the pit of one's stomach.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve heard of a system like that. On your return leg could you please try it out and write a “range report” for us? Thanks.

PS: Pick up a High Point and leave the HK in the car. You’re welcome.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Enough to put that feeling into the pit of one's stomach.
Exactly! When I first read it (before I took the picture for you all here at DC to see), I looked at that sign like this:

·
Registered
52,811 Posts
Everyone who is anyone knows the lower levels are for the lowlifes.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
On a more fundamental nature, it's nice to know that the management of these facilities view the responsible armed citizen as no different (or worse) than the armed hood rat.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Here you go:

I remember reading 2 or 3 years ago that they are working on scanning technology for cashier and sales counters. You will quietly be scanned without even knowing it.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts