Defensive Carry banner
21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Good call leaving the mall; they do not deserve support (money) from gun owners.
For the win! (y) (y) I'm always amazed how many pro-gun, pro 2A, etc... people will WILLINGLY spend $$$ in places/facilities etc... that constantly defecate on their 2A rights.

·
Premium Member
43,089 Posts
For the win! (y) (y) I'm always amazed how many pro-gun, pro 2A, etc... people will WILLINGLY spend $$$ in places/facilities etc... that constantly defecate on their 2A rights.
Such equipment makes it impossible for me to even be there.

·
Registered
17,820 Posts
I don't want to wade through the advertising for that machine but wonder what exactly it detects that tells it the object is a gun. I'll bet that's secret information that the manufacturer doesn't release.
I do security screening all day, every day at a federal court. I would like to know the tech as well. We can't tell the difference between a paper clip and a penny in your pocket but can find them easily. I have seen people come in with all manner of things that have more metal than a small pistol, not to mention what electronics do to a magnetometer.

·
Premium Member
13,530 Posts
If there was a sign saying no guns wanted why on earth did you enter in the first place. Has all common decency been lost?
Sure hope that was sarcasm.
No one here would enter a posted gun free zone on purpose.
As for decency.... Well I lost that years ago.;)

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
So, my wife and I made the drive down from Chesapeake, VA to Atlanta, GA this afternoon. It was a nice 10hr trip en route tomorrow (the 2nd leg of our trip) to the Gulf Coast of Mississippi to pay a surprise visit to my Dad. Anyways, we had lunch at the nearby Cheese Cake Factory and entered the mall. Sure, it had the no gun sign (red circle with a slash over a gun) on the door but I walked right on in with my CC piece (HK VP9 w/17+1 and 2 extra 17 rd mags) on my person. Everything was fine until my wife wanted us to go down to the lower levels of the mall. It was then that I ran into this crazy sign that I had never seen before. Pure foolishness! It was near the escalator leading to the two lower decks of the mall. Needless to say, once I saw it, I refused to go down the escalator, and my wife and I promptly left the mall altogether.
Sometimes, you can lead a horse to water but, he’ll just continue on in and drown himself!

·
Registered
52,855 Posts
Mistake # 1 -- stopping in Atlanta. That's what Interstates are for. :)
I think even the Romans said all interstates lead to Atlanta.

·
Registered
52,855 Posts
The ones I travel all go around it.
If you're talking I-285, it's so bad you might as well drive right through on the others.

·
Registered
7,989 Posts
I don't want to wade through the advertising for that machine but wonder what exactly it detects that tells it the object is a gun. I'll bet that's secret information that the manufacturer doesn't release.
If I lived close I would play with them and set it off all the time with innocuous items.
Did you miss the part about "health"? It's possible that whomever is doing the screening can have the device make a noise and flash a light at will. Then they can claim that the person being "screened" possibly is carrying a "dangerous virus" and further testing is required.

·
Premium Member
43,089 Posts
21 - 40 of 136 Posts