Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I had a friend buy a gun one morning and later that evening, he had a financial crisis and sold the new unfired gun along with some options he bought for it and at a $300 loss.

I still have the gun, unfired, still in the box. I do not need the gun nor particularly want the gun. However it is an interesting gun (Beretta PX4 Inox in 40 caliber) so I am not wild about selling it. I have several other .40 caliber guns and many semi autos so there is nothing causing me to be attached to that gun.

Now another friend is asking me to sell him the gun for $200 more than I paid for it.

Danged if I want to keep it but damned if I want to sell it. The money does not matter as I do not need it. So I sit here pondering his offer this morning trying to decide if I want to part with it.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so what would you do? I need encouragement for either way. Those here will make my decision by majority opinion.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well if the money does not matter, and you don't need the pistol. Perhapes you should consider gifting it to a family member or dear friend for Xmas.
Imagine the feels!:smile:

·
Premium Member
36,695 Posts
Anything I don't shoot reguarly and enthusiastically is subject to go for the right price. It's not about the money, but rather about the gun getting used and appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
The Inox do tend to be more desireable to some, but not many in my experience. I'd sell it while there's interest.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Added note here. The reason the original owner sold the gun was he being arrested for a major drug offense and need money for his rent since he spent his rent on bail money. He was not yet arrested nor convicted when he sold it to me so I did not have a problem making the deal. A year of so later, he was found guilty of using and selling cocaine and is now doing 51 months in the Grey Bar motel. He will never get the right to own a gun again.

I will also add that when I bought the gun, he gave me the sales receipt showing he bought and paid for it at Bass Pro shop. The receipt is still in the box with the gun. Now I did take the box of shells that came with the gun and shot them up in a S&W.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Sell it at a $200 profit, recover your original expense. Then give the profit to ...the felon's family. :biggrin2:

Reactions: Instymp and Haywood

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
I buy and sell a lot, it usually has to do with something I really want when I sell a gun. If you don't need the money, and his[ the potential buyers] offer is not that interesting to you, why not ask if he has something of equal value to trade that does interest you? Unless you ask you will never know what he would come up with!

I had a friend that used to take in all kinds of things as a retainer, or partial retainer. For a few years he was driving a Purple Porsche. He was not the Purple car kind of guy, But he kept it till someone offered him a rental house for it. {I think he also kicked in some cash}. You just never know! DR

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I sold so many really nice (now collectible) guns to put myself through college that I really regret it now. So, I won't sell any again.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Added note here. The reason the original owner sold the gun was he being arrested for a major drug offense and need money for his rent since he spent his rent on bail money. He was not yet arrested nor convicted when he sold it to me so I did not have a problem making the deal. A year of so later, he was found guilty of using and selling cocaine and is now doing 51 months in the Grey Bar motel. He will never get the right to own a gun again.

I will also add that when I bought the gun, he gave me the sales receipt showing he bought and paid for it at Bass Pro shop. The receipt is still in the box with the gun. Now I did take the box of shells that came with the gun and shot them up in a S&W.
Considering the fact that he probably paid about $100 more at BPS that normal street price, your gain will only what another is willing to pay for it. If you don't want it. Sell it or trade it for something you want. That gun won't appreciate any in value by keeping it.

·
Super Moderator
24,633 Posts
After being a teenager that sold a few guns I now want back, and never selling guns now, I would personally keep it. That's just me. I did sell two SCCYs as a result of extreme prejudice, but I don't count those. They weren't really guns, but paper weights.

But.........if a friend really wanted it, I would sell it or give it to him, because that is the kind of friend I am. I would lean towards a gift in the proper circumstances, to a friend.

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
Grandmamma always taught me it's better to give and I agree with her. If your friend want's it...Christmas is coming up! Either sell it at what you paid for it to him or give it as a gift if this is a good friend - no money in the world can buy a good friend. You said you don't need the money or the gun.

I honestly believe and it's been proven to me (from personal experience) you can't out-give God, the more you give with a happy heart the blessing that come back will amaze you.

I've got a gun now that is too heavy for me and it's still in the box never shot. It's going to be sold or raffled off for the new church CWO and I started going too since we moved north. Right now we got so many between the two of us we could start a "GHA" (Gun Hoarders Anonymous) meeting :redface:. Oh we are getting more...don't read that wrong. CWO is already picking out his Christmas gun :xpb_red:

Give it up and move on, be happy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts