Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a MA Compliant Sig SP2022.

I do not live in MA.

Can I just buy a standard 15 round mag and toss the 10 rd, or do they make the gun only work with 10 rd mags?

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Put the 10 round magazine back in the box, buy as many 15 round magazines as you would like. That way you will have at least one 10 round magazine after Hillary issues the EO declaring 15 round magazines illegal.

To specifically answer your question, Sig does not manufacture weapons that will ONLY take a certain capacity magazine. The only difference is in the labeling on the container, allowing them to ship the item into MA/CA. If you prefer 15 round mags, by all means get 15 round mags and put the 10 rounder away, or sell it on e-bay.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Manufacturers make a limited capacity pistol magazine by plugging a standard capacity magazine. They might mold a plug to the floor plate. They might Make a shorter tube with a spacer on the floor plate. However they do it, the limited capacity magazine fits the gun. The same way the standard capacity magazine fits.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
Put the 10 round magazine back in the box, buy as many 15 round magazines as you would like. That way you will have at least one 10 round magazine after Hillary issues the EO declaring 15 round magazines illegal.
Don't laugh...if she wins that will happen before next summer. I bought a 10 round mag for every one of my guns so I don't have to scramble and try to find them when millions of people want them.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Don't laugh...if she wins that will happen before next summer. I bought a 10 round mag for every one of my guns so I don't have to scramble and try to find them when millions of people want them.
Just as a hedge, you might buy more than 1 of each 10rd mag. Worst case, you sell them to NY, CA, MD

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, thanks for the help, but after I posted this I figured "ahh, what the hell" and bought a CPO P229 from CDNN.

It cost ~$250 more than the SP2022, but came with the short reset trigger and night sights, which I figure are worth close to $200. So taking all that into account, I paid $50 more for a CPO P229 than I would have for a MA Compliant SP2022.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
you did good dont buy a MA legal pistol they mod the trigger to make it legal and it will make the gun suck

Ditto the CA model they normal add or at least use to add LCI etc to them and make them suck

·
Banned
318 Posts
you did good dont buy a MA legal pistol they mod the trigger to make it legal and it will make the gun suck

Ditto the CA model they normal add or at least use to add LCI etc to them and make them suck
The MA version trigger is the same, it is not altered, but it does have a safety. Just remember you won't be able to buy the replacement kits because of the safety cut out. They will make them down the road.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Well, thanks for the help, but after I posted this I figured "ahh, what the hell" and bought a CPO P229 from CDNN.

It cost ~$250 more than the SP2022, but came with the short reset trigger and night sights, which I figure are worth close to $200. So taking all that into account, I paid $50 more for a CPO P229 than I would have for a MA Compliant SP2022.
You won't be disappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts