Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search but couldn't find the info I wanted. Found some folks who HAD a Bigfoot belt and seemed to like it. I have very good leather bullhide belts so support isn't the problem. I recently got some Wrangler jeans with a waist higher than I usually wear. They're causing problems I didn't expect.

With the "regular" waist jeans I normally wear (other pants, too) my belts are perfect, no problems. But the higher waist is causing larger pistols - Glock G19 w/15rd mag or .45 fully loaded - the weight causes these heavier pistols to roll. The belt, while supporting weight without issue, the belt(s) twist so the gun either pokes out like I got a bulge under my shirt or it dumps (leather holster) my snubbie (!!!) out like a dump truck. Not a good look or good for the hardware. :mad: So, anyone with a Bigfoot belt - does it not only support but RESIST TWISTING??? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have one of the steel-lined Bigfoot belts. It resists twisting... so far. I have only had it for about three months. I can set my pants down on the ground with the buckle fastened and my holstered G19 will remain upright. I am withholding judgment on this belt until it's made it a year, though, as most of my gun belts so far have lasted six months or so with no trouble.

But it doesn't sound as though your issue is with your belt, but rather with your new pants.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I have the 18oz Bigfoot with the steel core and have had zero twist or turn out-OWB with a Kimber Pro Aegis daily for about 6 months on the belt.I have a different problem although-it cuts off my breathing when I sit in my puter chair-Oh wait-this could be a chub problem:embarassed:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have one of the steel-lined Bigfoot belts. It resists twisting... so far. I have only had it for about three months. I can set my pants down on the ground with the buckle fastened and my holstered G19 will remain upright. I am withholding judgment on this belt until it's made it a year, though, as most of my gun belts so far have lasted six months or so with no trouble.

But it doesn't sound as though your issue is with your belt, but rather with your new pants.
Same here. (Steel liner version.) Going on 3 months. Working great so far.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have one of the steel-lined Bigfoot belts. It resists twisting... so far. I have only had it for about three months....

Oh you're right, the pants are the root of the problem. But with smaller pistols my leather belts work OK. It's the larger, heavier ones that stick out a bit more from the waistband that is now a little higher where my problem starts. It's when I bend forward that all goes screwy. I guess I leverage the larger guns more (I should have mentioned I carry appendix position) and while I can kinda push 'em back, I don't need to live like that! Weight is NO problem, it's torque (I guess?) twisting the belt. Bigfoot said the 18oz belt wouldn't twist (but I kinda expected them to say that...) so I figured I'd ask folks that actually own one. These answers look promising and thanks to all who responded.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have TWO Bigfoot gun belts. The first was a brown, 14-oz. model without the steel core. I liked it so much that when Bigfoot introduced the flat black hardware, I ordered the 14-oz. steel-cored belt with the new hardware. If anything, it's even better than the first!

I've taken to wearing these belts even when I'm not carrying (I sometimes have to go into Washington, District of Corruption, where the heart of the anti-2A movement rules).

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
IMG_1404.jpg I can't get the picture to rotate correctly, but this is me holding the bigfoot belt straight out parallel to the floor. That should help you with the answer.

Edit: 14oz steel core

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would speculate that your "normal" waist jeans are tighter and providing a bit of support in addition to that of your belt. Larger waist pants aren't going to provide any "help" for the belt and the holster is more likely to twist. While I don't have a Bigfoot belt, I've been looking at them carefully and will probably get one. My current belt is reinforced and is working well for me (except I'm losing weight and the belt is on the edge of being too long - good problem to have!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a steel lined one for about 6 months and love it. Twisting is not a problem. The belt is actually more comfortable than any belt I have owned previously, gun and regular belts. It is my primary belt whether carrying or not. I carry a Springfield xd 9 mod 2 service edition and a Springfield 1911 with it. 1911 is a pretty heavy gun to edc and it does fine..

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 144737 I can't get the picture to rotate correctly, but this is me holding the bigfoot belt straight out parallel to the floor. That should help you with the answer.

Edit: 14oz steel core
That pretty much says it all. Excellent! Thanks for the picture. I ordered an 18oz steel-cored model with black buckle (cuz it looks cool and my others are brass or SS) so I'll hopefully have this episode behind me soon. Again, thanks for all the replies, they were helpful.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts

G17 Serpa.jpg
I am not exactly a SMALL guy 5' 6" @ 255# I have been wearing the Bigfoot Gun Belt everyday, all day. Since Jan 02, 2016 I have the 18 oz steel core. I Conceal Carry my Glock G17 gen 4, AIWB 96% of the time and OWB(3:00)he rest. I wear mostly Wrangler cargo pants, shorts and Jeans. Never had my belt start to even curl outward.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
A 14 oz and 18 oz Big Foot is mentioned above. What is the difference?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Oh you're right, the pants are the root of the problem. But with smaller pistols my leather belts work OK. It's the larger, heavier ones that stick out a bit more from the waistband that is now a little higher where my problem starts. It's when I bend forward that all goes screwy. I guess I leverage the larger guns more (I should have mentioned I carry appendix position) and while I can kinda push 'em back, I don't need to live like that! Weight is NO problem, it's torque (I guess?) twisting the belt. Bigfoot said the 18oz belt wouldn't twist (but I kinda expected them to say that...) so I figured I'd ask folks that actually own one. These answers look promising and thanks to all who responded.
robhic ... I have an 18 oz steel core version and have experienced zero twist (however I carry in the 4:00 position). The following picture is with a fully loaded (3+ pounds) Hi-Power.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kennydale and Buck. Again, thanks for the pictures. That seems to pretty well indicate the belt is rigid. I carry (generally) in the 1-2:30 area AIWB. When I bend forward, the gun(s) usually just went forward and returned normally with the regular height waist pants & jeans I had. These hi-waisted jeans presented a problem I just didn't expect. Smaller "Baby Glock G26" in Kydex is fine. It was the fully loaded (15 rds) G19 and 7rds (.45) G36 that were heavier and rode a bit higher that tended to roll forward when bending over. The Bigfoot seems to address this. I'm not talking about touching my toes! I ain't that limber, but just leaning forward while seated. I guess I'll see in a week or so when it arrives. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL AND ESPECIALLY FOR THE PICTURES!!!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Kennydale and Buck. Again, thanks for the pictures. That seems to pretty well indicate the belt is rigid. I carry (generally) in the 1-2:30 area AIWB. When I bend forward, the gun(s) usually just went forward and returned normally with the regular height waist pants & jeans I had. These hi-waisted jeans presented a problem I just didn't expect. Smaller "Baby Glock G26" in Kydex is fine. It was the fully loaded (15 rds) G19 and 7rds (.45) G36 that were heavier and rode a bit higher that tended to roll forward when bending over. The Bigfoot seems to address this. I'm not talking about touching my toes! I ain't that limber, but just leaning forward while seated. I guess I'll see in a week or so when it arrives. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL AND ESPECIALLY FOR THE PICTURES!!!
Glad I could help. Make sure to post a report when your belt come in :smile:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad I could help. Make sure to post a report when your belt come in :smile:
OK, arrived yesterday. First impression: WOW, it's THICK!!! Second impression: WOW, IT'S REALLY THICK!!! I tried to slip my holster belt clip over it and it was like a tug-of-war. The clip is about the exact size as the belt's thickness (all was off the pants). It is a TIGHT, unyielding, stiff fit. I got the Kydex for my .45 to fit (on me now) and emailed the company that made the Kydex for my Glock to see if they have a 'J' clip with a slightly wider bottom channel I can buy. It barely fits the belt with effort. Won't fit with pants material, too. Gotta fix that aspect or else just sand/file a bit from the hook portion of the belt clip. Did I mention the Bigfoot belt is thick? And stiff? :wink: I think this is gonna work - if I can get all my holster-clips to fit over the massive thickness!!!

Just curious - those who own one, did it loosen or limber up a bit after some use? Mine is about 12 hours old, I know, but the buckle-rod-thingie almost didn't want to go through the hole(s), it was stiff enough to make putting (when I finally DID get it buckled) the tip through the keeper impossible and had to settle on my belt loop to hold down the end. I'm sure the newness is to blame but this is one, STIFF belt! So far ... I LIKE IT!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts