Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Son will be traveling through Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas soon and will be carrying his handgun. I know these states acknowledge and accept the Ohio CCW, but maybe you could advise which states if any, need to advise LE if stopped for some reason.:wave:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
My Son will be traveling through Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas soon and will be carrying his handgun. I know these states acknowledge and accept the Ohio CCW, but maybe you could advise which states if any, need to advise LE if stopped for some reason.:wave:
handgunlaw.us will answer his questions. It's at the top of each state's page.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Tennessee recognizes all state permits and does not require notification.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't believe Ky requires notification. Ky keeps a log of all CC license holders in the state and supplies that info to police on their in-car computer. I don't imagine Ohio info would be available to them.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
TN and KY, do not require notification. AR does require notification.

As someone else mentioned, have him take the time to review requirements for the states he'll be traveling through.

Handgunlaw.us

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
handgunlaw.us will answer his questions. It's at the top of each state's page.
Not only review it, I suggest printing off the pages that are relevant to the states he is in, then he can reference on demand.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TN and KY, do not require notification. AR does require notification.

As someone else mentioned, have him take the time to review requirements for the states he'll be traveling through.

Handgunlaw.us
Thnak you . . . we did review them. The only question we couldn't find an answer to was the need to notify or not. We appreciate the help.:bier:

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Thnak you . . . we did review them. The only question we couldn't find an answer to was the need to notify or not. We appreciate the help.:bier:
For future reference, the requirement to notify or not is at the top of the first page for each state.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts