Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Growing up here in the Carolinas a gun in the corner was as normal as a broom in the corner of the room. I meet folks from up North just about every day (living in a beach tourist trap). I hear them fuss about the laws and politicians in their states, esp the folks from NY & NJ.

My question: How is it legal for the politicians to keep you from having a gun, or making it so hard on you when it's your 2nd amendment right? I really don't get it, law is law and to me the Northern politicians are breaking the law.

·
Premium Member
8,210 Posts
I have been wondering this for years . In the state of Maryland you need a reason to carry ( own a company with cash ) and you only wear the weapon while preforming the duties (bank) Most other states you don't need a reason other then the most important reason to protect family or yourself. I just dont get the part-time carry thing.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
They make laws. If you do not like them. They smile and say " sue us if you dont like it " most do not have the time or the money to sue the government, so they take it.

Reactions: OldVet

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
You haven't figured it out yet? Folks vote for what is in it for them....usually for other things like the economy and other social issues. I have brought this up before. My niece is a gun toting lesbian. She would love to vote for pro 2A people. Unfortunatley most pro 2A conservatives disagree with her lifestyle to certain degrees. Being what she is ..is 100 percent of her. Carrying a gun is a small part of her. Who do you think she will vote for?

Hunters would rather vote for a politician that will help them financially even if it hurts CC'ers.

A host of other reasons. But honestly, to the middle of the road voter with a family that is living pay check to paycheck.....2A is on the bottom or close to the bottom of the list to vote for a politician.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They make laws. If you do not like them. They smile and say " sue us if you dont like it " most do not have the time or the money to sue the government, so they take it.
This would be the State, not the government, right?! What if you did it anyway, I'm sure it would probably be easy to get a lawyer and get the GOA and/or NRA to back you up and fight this. The GOA states that they help provide lawyers to fight for your rights. Can't y'all band together, march with your guns (empty) and make a statement. Not trying to stir the pot (well maybe I am) but it just seems so unfair, I see some really sad faces about your rights being in-your-face taken away. Proof in the pudding is that the states that have carry laws have less crime.

My ******* self would have already contacted the GOA, and the ACLJ too!

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
It's bewildering certaily..

best I can offer is a quote from George Carlin:

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

and mine, too.

Keep them nanny state laws out east and out west... when the Icebergs melt, NY will be underwater... and when the next big one hits Cali, it'll fall into the ocean... God's own genocide of idiots... maybe Lake Michigan will swell to the south and take out Chicago, too.. The rest of us may live in peace.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
This would be the State, not the government, right?! What if you did it anyway, I'm sure it would probably be easy to get a lawyer and get the GOA and/or NRA to back you up and fight this. The GOA states that they help provide lawyers to fight for your rights. Can't y'all band together, march with your guns (empty) and make a statement. Not trying to stir the pot (well maybe I am) but it just seems so unfair, I see some really sad faces about your rights being in-your-face taken away. Proof in the pudding is that the states that have carry laws have less crime.

The state government. Yes. It takes money to take on a local government let alone the state. The feds are worse yet.. It is a real up hill climb to get something like the New your safe act repealed....Thats how they get away with it...

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You haven't figured it out yet? Folks vote for what is in it for them....usually for other things like the economy and other social issues. I have brought this up before. My niece is a gun toting lesbian. She would love to vote for pro 2A people. Unfortunatley most pro 2A conservatives disagree with her lifestyle to certain degrees.....
Hunters would rather vote for a politician that will help them financially even if it hurts CC'ers.

A host of other reasons. But honestly, to the middle of the road voter with a family that is living pay check to paycheck.....2A is on the bottom or close to the bottom of the list to vote for a politician.

Hey Jack, we got gays and hunters here too, so what, as long as I can't see it from my front porch I don't give a puppies butt ~ but there are more families than them?! Why lay down and let the few make the rules for the many? Put a fire under it and get your rights back!

Reactions: Warrior1256

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The state government. Yes. It takes money to take on a local government let alone the state. The feds are worse yet.. It is a real up hill climb to get something like the New your safe act repealed....Thats how they get away with it...
Again, contact the GOA! I think a good lawyer would love to take this on, esp with everything going on now (IRS, Benghazi, AB snooping) the time couldn't be better!

Friend, climb that wall.....respectively, the folks up there need to grow some! :image035:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Hey Jack, we got gays and hunters here too, so what, as long as I can't see it from my front porch I don't give a puppies butt ~ but there are more families than them?! Why lay down and let the few make the rules for the many? Put a fire under it and get your rights back!
Excuse me? You wanted an answer and I gave you one. Sorry if you didn't like it. The simple fact is the majority of people vote with their wallet, not with their gun. So, we are most likely in the minority. Don't know what your attitude is ...
and my name is not Jack.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Again, contact the GOA! I think a good lawyer would love to take this on, esp with everything going on now (IRS, Benghazi, AB snooping) the time couldn't be better!

Friend, climb that wall.....respectively, the folks up there need to grow some! :image035:
I think you have an overly simple view of the situation.

Suntzu said Excuse me? You wanted an answer and I gave you one. Sorry if you didn't like it. The simple fact is the majority of people vote with their wallet, not with their gun. So, we are most likely in the minority. Don't know what your attitude is ...
and my name is not Jack.
Either way, we still love ya, JACK LMAO.....

Reactions: multistage

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
To sue, you would need standing. That would mean getting arrested in most cases. Who is willing to lose their job and all that entails (home, cars....) to make a politcal point? Not many.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excuse me? You wanted an answer and I gave you one. Sorry if you didn't like it. The simple fact is the majority of people vote with their wallet, not with their gun. So, we are most likely in the minority. Don't know what your attitude is ...
and my name is not Jack.

Didn't mean to offend and kinda confused since under your avatar says Texas and I don't think that is North East? Was just trying to get a point across and kept getting what seemed to me as excuses. You jest don't see the sad faces I see here from the nawthern folks, my heart goes out to them.

And yeah, you don't look like a "Jack", more like a Darnell maybe?

:yllove:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Didn't mean to offend and kinda confused since under your avatar says Texas and I don't think that is North East? Was just trying to get a point across and kept getting what seemed to me as excuses. You jest don't see the sad faces I see here from the nawthern folks, my heart goes out to them.

And yeah, you don't look like a "Jack", more like a Darnell maybe?

:yllove:
I grew up in MA and NH. Just moved to Texas from NH last summer.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To sue, you would need standing. That would mean getting arrested in most cases. Who is willing to lose their job and all that entails (home, cars....) to make a politcal point? Not many.

I've been arrested and know lots of people that have been arrested. Nobody lost their car or home. With all the people out of work, to me this would be a non-issue.

Again, there are groups that supply the money and lawyers so nobody has to spend the night in jail (btw, those little outfits are soooo unflattering :redface:)

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Having lived most of my life in NJ, I can tell you that there are a lot of people in NJ who have essentially been brain washed into believing that it is normal to rely on someone else instead of taking responsibility/action yourself.

Wild animal in your backyard...call 911 and we will send the police who will call animal & wildlife services to come and help you.
Cat stuck in the tree...call 911 and we will send the fire department to help you.
Armed robbery...do whatever the BG says then when it is all over call 911 and we will send the police to "help you" make a report.
The police have guns because they are trained to help you.

Oh, you want to own a gun do you? Prove to us that you are someone who is more likely than anyone else to be in a position where you might have a need to use a gun...We understand that you carry cash to the bank on a daily basis but do you have a legitimate reason to believe that someone might be trying to steal the money? Why would you want to risk you life for the money? Just what do you think you would do with a gun in that situation? You could make matters worse if you have a gun in that type of situation.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Having lived most of my life in NJ, I can tell you that there are a lot of people in NJ who have essentially been brain washed into believing that it is normal to rely on someone else instead of taking responsibility/action yourself.

Wild animal in your backyard...call 911 and we will send the police who will call animal & wildlife services to come and help you.
Cat stuck in the tree...call 911 and we will send the fire department to help you.
Armed robbery...do whatever the BG says then when it is all over call 911 and we will send the police to "help you" make a report.
The police have guns because they are trained to help you.

Oh, you want to own a gun do you? Prove to us that you are someone who is more likely than anyone else to be in a position where you might have a need to use a gun...We understand that you carry cash to the bank on a daily basis but do you have a legitimate reason to believe that someone might be trying to steal the money? Why would you want to risk you life for the money? Just what do you think you would do with a gun in that situation? You could make matters worse if you have a gun in that type of situation.
A shame NJ lost someone with some fire under them, you sound like you do understand the problem. Again, goes back to the OP, why allow this when it is (to me) illegal for them to do this to the fine citizens up there?

I have taken a female friend I worked with from NJ shooting. She nor her husband had ever shot their shotgun. We took 5 guns to the range and she really enjoyed shooting. It's such a shame this has happened to those states, no wonder they are moving to the southern states.

·
Banned
1,029 Posts
Maybe a little is a cultural thing.It's like one mentioned,maybe the 2a is on the bottom of some people's list.I think,that's one reason.They have no clue,what kind of gun bills,their lawmakers,may be trying to pass good or bad.Then something gets passed,they don't like,then they start whining..Too late,then.I've always tried to find out,what our state lawmakers,are doing in state,and then,how did they vote,on federal laws.I do believe in the Our rights shall not be infringed,period.
I try to pay attention and keep up.It may do no good sometimes,but,saying nothing,is obviously is worse..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts