Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a video of a test that shows the impact both a 9mm and a .45acp makes. It is the best comparison I have seen yet and it is on actual flesh as opposed to gellatin or podwer.

Now my problem is I am not trained in videography or digital media. I would like to put this on a CD or even get it so I could post the video. Once a person views it, they are more than impressed.

Anyone know how this could be done?

·
Super Moderator
18,232 Posts
You might try here Search Results: convert video to dvd she has many downloads and tips that may help. Another route is if the video is VHS and you can find someone with a VHS/DVD recorder you can convert it directly, I have such a recorder and have converted many tapes to DVD.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
What format is it currently in?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently in VHS. My computer has tons of space on the hard drives and two DVD writers Just getting the VHS to the computer is the issue.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Play it on your VHS/TV and record it while it is playing with a digital video camera or iPhone.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Play it on your VHS/TV and record it while it is playing with a digital video camera or iPhone.
I am heading to Best Buy tomorrow and get one of the devices that suntzu suggested. This way I can avoid future costs of paying Walmart to convert a VHS for me. Actually I have about 100 VHS tapes of various things that need to be placed in a safer format.

Reactions: squid86

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
this would be last resort for me. the quality would be horrible.

I am heading to Best Buy tomorrow and get one of the devices that suntzu suggested. This way I can avoid future costs of paying Walmart to convert a VHS for me. Actually I have about 100 VHS tapes of various things that need to be placed in a safer format.
good for you. those machines or an actual dvd/vhs player would be the way to go. i personally have a dvd/ vhs player and can record from VHS to dvd uding that. but i have used that kind of thing too and they work good as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts