Defensive Carry banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with 1791 Gunleather holsters? They look to be good quality but I'm concerned that they are "multi-fit" holsters. I also like the Don Hume 721 open top if anyone has experience with those.
Stay away from "multi-fit" holsters.
Why? Because "one size fits nothing."

Would you buy "multi-fit" shoes?

·
Registered
391 Posts
The “721” holster is my favorite with a G23 sized gun. I also like (surprisingly) the Glock Sport Holster! I can’t afford high end stuff but these two are excellent.
YES, on the glock sport holster one of the great un-sung holsters of all time. Cheap and carries great, best with the G19-G23 or smaller size glocks. I have not seen a holster the carries better at any price. That is my standard tractor/work/knock about carry.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Re holsters, check out Privateer Leather. He makes very good quality leather holsters, in low, medium, and high-rise holsters. If you are worried about the muzzle showing, go for his Navigant series.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I’ve found that a Kydex holster keeps the gun closer to me than leather pancake holsters.
My experience is exactly the opposite.Have you used a quality leather pancake from a well known maker? Ubgholsters, Sparks, TT Gunleather, etc? My UBG RTBA OWB pancakes hold it as close to my side as you can get. Any Kydex OWB I’ve found just doesn’t tuck it in as well. And the belt. What about the belt? A pancake holster requires a good gun belt, even more so as size and weight of the gun increases. Pair a good leather pancake to a real gun belt and feel the way it tucks in right and tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I carry a 4.25 Stainless Steel 1911 in a OWB leather pancake style holster w/no issues of my muzzle showing whatsoever!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts