Defensive Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Glock 17 and I'd like to try a long stick mag and drum mag, and I have a Glock 23 that I'd like to try the same (if available).

My experience in the 1990s that they weren't reliable for other brands of guns I used to own.

Thoughts? Experiences? Recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
They make factory stick mags for the 40 and 9mm ..ETS mags so far have ok reviews and cheeper ... Drum mags are eh

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I have some long factory mags. The only thing I notice is you cannot limp wrist the gun with these mags (not that you should anyway) I had two feed problems today at the range,with the long mags, and this is not the first time. If I hold the gun very tight, there is never a problem. This is a G26, and it never ever fails with the 10 round mags, never ever. Perhaps it is the weight of the long mags , I don't know.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
The 33 rd Glock mags are very reliable IME. The Asian clone ones I have seen not so much!

Reactions: SIGP250

·
Registered
10,820 Posts
I use factory glock 33rd mags and ets 31rd mags. Haven't had issues with either. The ETS mags feel cheap to me, but they work fine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a Glock 17 and I'd like to try a long stick mag and drum mag, and I have a Glock 23 that I'd like to try the same (if available).

My experience in the 1990s that they weren't reliable for other brands of guns I used to own.

Thoughts? Experiences? Recommendations?

I have several glock 33 round OEM mags and they have always worked fine. I have seen several of the off brand stick mags have issues and I personally would not use them unless for range use only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts