Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy I work with has a Sig SP 2022 With a 357 sig and a 40s&w barrel along with 3 12 round mags. He bought the gun from gander mountain as a factory refurb. and he has never put a round thur it. Said he wants to sell it without taking a loss witch means he needs $570 for it. Just wonderin if you guys think its worth that price??????

One other bad thing is he also has almost $500 in ammo for it and would like to sell it also with the gun....Buts its tons of JHP's that I dont really need

Thanks for any help guys..... this is my first posting on this site signed up a few days ago and just love the info this site has on it...

·
Registered
574 Posts
The value of the Sig is about $350, The Bbl is in the $90 - $200 range depending on brand. If it is a Sig Bbl @ $150. So he is a little high by my reckoning.
I have the exact same set up in 357/40. It is a very accurate compact pistol. I'd probably offer him $700 for the gun and ammo to boot.
Everbody wants to get all thier money back, that ain't how the market works. Suppose it were a Colt Python that he bought new in 1979 for $400, do you think he would be happy just getting his money out of a Python that today is worth @ $1500? Some things increase in value some things decrease, a used Refurbished 2022 decreased.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Have him go to a couple of gun shops (they low-ball anyway) for a reality check, then offer him the $700 deal that RebelRabbi speaks of...:blink::yup:

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I had a gun shop offer me 300.00 for my 2022 a couple years ago,I was thinking of trading,but the low offer and high prices of their guns made me leave with mine,I still have it,350.00 is about right

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys......The stupid thing is he said he doesn't need to sell he just heard I was in the market for a 40 cal so he mentioned that he had one he may sell to me.

Thanks again for the simple but great advice

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
CDNN sports currently selling 9mm SP 2022 for $399 brand new. Buying a refurb probably getting a returned gun that could be problematic. Personally, I would go with a new gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts