Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's a question on legalities. I picked up my ccw permit yesterday. The dates on it say that it's good from 8/1/2016 to 8/1/2018. Should I wait until 8/1 to start carrying, or am I within my legal right to start carrying now?

Scott

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Given your location is listed as CA I'd say you can't legally carry until the 1st

Reactions: sdprof

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you gents. That's the way I am leaning too.. Kinda a bummer but it is what it is..

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
I think you should throw caution to the wind!

Get a book of matches, leave the cover open and strike one.

Get some scissors - run!

Mattresses? Cut the tags off

Cross the street in the middle of the block!

But conceal carry before August in California...I'm gonna say no. :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You think you had trouble getting a CCW with all the paperwork,time, fees, etc? God help you if you ever shoot anyone in CA.

Sam
I've already ponied up for uscca ccw coverage up to 1.125 million in civil and criminal cases.. Making sure I'm covered.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
It's Commifornia .... I wouldn't take the chance :ticking:

Reactions: Chaplain Scott

·
Registered
233 Posts
BTW, congratulations. I'll be probably in the same boat Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully the IA puts the current date on the license, but I've waited this long I can wait a few more days.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah.. Kinda sucks but it is what it is. My plan as of now is to wear my carry rig around the house trying different positions so I find the right spot for me.. Then come Monday I'll be carrying.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Yup see you in church in Sunday with you CCW ( if that's allowed in your state)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41,599 Posts
The answer is simple: Is it 08/01/2016 yet?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I second this. California unfortunately is a state where you have to walk on eggshells with the second amendment.
Originally Posted by*Shootnlead*

Just me, but considering the hoop you had to jump through to get that CA permit...I would wait until Monday.
I second d and third these ^^^^ and got to give you big props for getting your ccw in CA

1 - 20 of 23 Posts