Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, I have a out of state Utah CCW permit and i live in St. Louis, Mo should i go ahead and get my Mo CCW permit as well? :confused: I took the course almost 1 year ago, would i have to do over and pay again? All i really need to do is the shooting test for Mo, but i don't want to pay again. I've had others say don't worry about it and others say go ahead with it... Thanks for your responces! :danceban::danceban:

·
Registered
916 Posts
As a Missouri ccw holder I would encourage you to go ahead and finish the process and get your Missouri permit as well. When we are working on ccw legislation the only numbers we can present are those of Missouri permits. There is no way to find out how many Missourians have out-of-state permits. Also, you Missouri permit is valid in about 38 other states.

·
Registered
366 Posts
As a Missouri ccw holder I would encourage you to go ahead and finish the process and get your Missouri permit as well. When we are working on ccw legislation the only numbers we can present are those of Missouri permits. There is no way to find out how many Missourians have out-of-state permits. Also, you Missouri permit is valid in about 38 other states.
+1 from another missourian

·
Registered
809 Posts
I got my Utah permit when I was 21 because you have to be 23 to get a MO permit as you know.

As soon as I turned 23, I got a Missouri permit, mainly to support the hard work put in by those who got CCW passed in Missouri.

So, do you have to? No. Do I think you should? Yes.

I took a combo MO/UT/FL class. I had the paperwork for all 3 permits done, sent one to Utah, then when I turned 23 all I had to do was turn in my paperwork and pay my fees for my MO permit.

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Might as well get it, what harm can it do? As far as the training, check MO law and see how long the training is good for. If it is still valid do the shooting part and send in your paperwork, otherwisae take the course again and consider it a refresher on MO laws.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I too think you should go ahead and get it, if I were you I would.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts